• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! FS Lee Enfield No1 MkIII*

ParaSloth

Default rank <500 posts
Paratrooper
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-lee-enfield-no1-mkiii.1748771/
Item Name: FS Lee Enfield No1 MkIII*

Zip Code: 30019

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 400

Caliber: .303 British

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: No1 MkIII* BSA (Birmingham Small Arms Co.) 1918 - All matching serial numbers. Her stock is all original except for the small piece behind the rear sight. Her bore is average although the last time I shot her (a couple years ago) I was very impressedd with how accurate she was. Everything works well on her. I have had her completely stripped down and cleaned. The only thing I did not clean off was the green paint on the barrel that is still there (most worn off) - applied to desert rifles for rust resistance. Her butt stock is a tiny bit loose - I haven't tightened her simply because I keep forgetting and it does not affect accuracy. To do so properly I need to remove the forestock and then rotate the butt screw. Inside the stock her lands are true - the outside of the stock has seen some action but this did not translate to the inside, which is a testament to why she is still so accurate. Does contain an "Ishy screw" which was a common armory practice (according to Peter Laidlier whom I have talked to about this and other issues). A very nice example of a rifle that has most likely seen some action in her day, but is still an awesome shooter.

Happy to entertain offers; not interested in trades.

Pictures:
no1mkiii-knuckle-jpg.1699216

no1mkiii-profile-jpg.1699217

no1mkiii-receiver-jpg.1699218

no1mkiii-stock-jpg.1699219

Thanks much MILSURP! I had the honor this weekend of equiping another ODT'er with a great Lee Enfield that I was just not having the time to shoot. This is another great opportunity to expand someone's collection, or get into the *WARNING* very habit-forming art of collecting and shooting these rifles! This one shoots well, and has some awesome history with it. I'm happy to entertain offers, but just not interested in trades. Hell, if you're not happy with the stock, I'll make you a deal on a complete NOS walnut stock for it!!!

Item Description: No1 MkIII* BSA (Birmingham Small Arms Co.) 1918 - All matching serial numbers. Her stock is all original except for the small piece behind the rear sight. Her bore is average although the last time I shot her (a couple years ago) I was very impressedd with how accurate she was. Everything works well on her. I have had her completely stripped down and cleaned. The only thing I did not clean off was the green paint on the barrel that is still there (most worn off) - applied to desert rifles for rust resistance. Her butt stock is a tiny bit loose - I haven't tightened her simply because I keep forgetting and it does not affect accuracy. To do so properly I need to remove the forestock and then rotate the butt screw. Inside the stock her lands are true - the outside of the stock has seen some action but this did not translate to the inside, which is a testament to why she is still so accurate. Does contain an "Ishy screw" which was a common armory practice (according to Peter Laidlier whom I have talked to about this and other issues). A very nice example of a rifle that has most likely seen some action in her day, but is still an awesome shooter.

Pictures:

I

Pictures:

Back
Top Bottom