• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Golden era Springfield M1A NIB all original docs and box

Scaramanga247

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
Milsurp Collector
Reaction score
This is a golden era m1a if you’re familiar with that term. So lots of real gi parts including a TRW bolt. Original box and docs also this was when they still gave you the headspace measure card and blue band. A rare gem compared to the current crap from Springfield. Relatively certain I have not fired it so new from factory. Comes with one gi mag.

Any questions ask.

Attachments

• IMG_6065.jpeg
    IMG_6065.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6068.jpeg
    IMG_6068.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6066.jpeg
    IMG_6066.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 13
This was my logic based on serial number:

0748XX Late version SA, Inc. commercial manufacture operating rod now used to assemble complete rifles.
081004 Built at the factory with the following USGI parts: TRW trigger housing, HR-N hammer, TRW bolt, Winchester barrel, and WCE USGI rear sight elevation and windage knobs.
084000 Generally accepted highest “safe” serial number for pre-’94 AW ban rifles. Since about this serial number, no M1A rifles have been factory built with lugged flash suppressors.

According to the headspace card this was a 1994, so it is in that late grey zone I would assume based on serial number.

Either way a nice piece in my humble opinion

I would be happy to re-state as end of golden era if that seems more appropriate, either way no ill will intended.
Clinton era demilled loads of M14s so parts became more plentiful for a short while. Missing a bayo lug shouldn't hurt this battle raffle.

Back
Top Bottom