• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT Winchester 101

Gun Guru

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Mysterious Stranger
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-winchester-101.1614578/
Item Name: FS/FT Winchester 101

Zip Code: 30680

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $1,400.00
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Nice 1911 or something interesting

Caliber: 12 Gauge

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Here for your approval is my early 101 Winchester. It was made in Japan by Olin. This is pre Miroku days. The gun is used and shows signs around the bottom of the receiver of being carried. FTF in the Hoschton/Auburn area only. Thanks for looking.

Pictures:
winchester-101-l-jpg.1501725

winchester-101-r-jpg.1501726

No, sorry. This one was before screw in chokes. I love the gun. I'm just getting rid of a bunch of my guns so my kids won't have to.

Item Name: FS/FT Winchester 101

Zip Code: 30680

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $1,400.00
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Nice 1911 or something interesting

Caliber: 12 Gauge

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: It was made in Japan by Olin. This is pre Miroku days.

Pictures:
winchester-101-l-jpg.1501725

winchester-101-r-jpg.1501726

It was made in Japan by Kodensha, under contract with Olin. Kodensha sold the gun in other markets than the USA under its own name (or other trade names).

A very nice gun and the full & full choking is unusual. Typically a live pigeon gun. My experience has been that the full chokes are very tight.

Has mechanical triggers, which is a little unusual considering Browning has recoil triggers.

This is great information. Thank you. You told me more than I had been able to find out. How am I on the price? Hi, low, about right?

This is great information. Thank you. You told me more than I had been able to find out. How am I on the price? Hi, low, about right?

Probably about right. In today's market the 30 inch barrels are a plus. The 26 (or 26 1/2) and 28" field guns are more common. The action is basically the same as the Browning Superposed.

I haven't kept up with day to day pricing, but I suspect that the introduction of the "Classic Doubles" and FN reintroduction has depressed prices of the original used guns; in my opinion the originals are superior in balance and finish of the wood - the originals have some very nice handcut checkering.

Thank you gentlemen. You're right about the superposed. Sometimes I have to look pretty close to tell them apart. I'm thinking it will fetch closer to 18 in Tulsa. The older guns bring a premium there.

Back
Top Bottom