• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! FS/FT Smith & Wesson Model 629 .44 Magnum S.S. Revolver with 6" Barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

eli'sbook

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
N. E. Henry County between Stockbridge & Conyers
Item Description:

The Smith & Wesson Model 629 is a heavy duty .44 Magnum revolver that's the perfect protection for city and country.

For many years after its introduction in 1955, the .44 Magnum was often referred to as the most powerful handgun cartridge in the world. Several other handgun cartridges have exceeded its power since then, but it still remains a powerful round that is capable of taking most North American big game.
Smith & Wesson’s Blue Steel Model 29 was the first production revolver chambered for the .44 Magnum, and sales skyrocketed after Clint Eastwood’s portrayal on the big screen of Inspector Harry Callahan, aka “Dirty Harry,” who dispatched the bad guys with one.
The Model 29 beget the Model 629, which is a stainless steel version of the gun. One feature that makes the Model 629 so versatile is that not only will it handle the most powerful .44 Magnum loads, it can also safely fire .44 Special cartridges because that round is less powerful, is .125 inches shorter than the Magnum and comfortably fits in the chamber. The .44 Special not only generates considerably less recoil, making it pleasant to shoot for fun or practice, it is also a popular self-defense round with ballistics about the same as those of the revered .45 ACP. And because it is less powerful than the .44 Magnum, it generates less muzzle rise, allowing the shooter to get back on target faster for follow-up shots.
This one is in excellent condition, just needs a new home !!

For Sale $1,150.00 Cash - may consider possible trades on other modern firearms but cash is king & I have no particular needs at this time as to what may spark trade interest.

NOTE: I seldom have time to follow the thread on the ODT website.

Please, send me a Private Message (PM) which will alert me via email that I have a message & I should be able to get back to you quicker.

And even more importantly;

Due to the recent very HIGH amount of Potential Scammers, Cons, Underage Buyers & Other's showing up to darken our great group - I will very seldom deal with anyone who has Zero, Negative or Limited feedback.

Here are some of my requirements;

I will NOT sell Handguns to persons under 21 and a Peek at your Georgia Drivers License and/or Georgia Carry Permit will be required.
B.O.S. is Not required.
All items Sold As Is (even if brand new in factory box).

I'm Caregiver to two and my time is often limited, I can not make a drive that takes a great deal of time from my day.
Must meet in North Henry County, Ga.

Attachments

• DSC_0345.JPG
    DSC_0345.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 464
  • DSC_0346.JPG
    DSC_0346.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 434
A beauty- love the 6” mods - especially in this model 629.
A little trivia - in Clint Eastwood‘s role as Dirty Harry in ‘Magnum Force’ - the model 29 was in short supply so a model 57 was used in several scenes. The m57 is a .41Magnum (:becky:) that looks and is like the m29 in every way except the caliber.
Free bump - I love my .44mags almost as much as my .41mags ! LOLz

A beauty- love the 6” mods - especially in this model 629.
A little trivia - in Clint Eastwood‘s role as Dirty Harry in ‘Magnum Force’ - the model 29 was in short supply so a model 57 was used in several scenes. The m57 is a .41Magnum (:becky:) that looks and is like the m29 in every way except the caliber.
Free bump - I love my .44mags almost as much as my .41mags ! LOLz
I owned a 57 way back in the day but long ago sold it, I remember the police supply company I bought from at L.E.O. prices in the early 80's had me on a six month wait list to get the 29. I bought one in 4" and still kick myself for ever selling it !!!

I owned a 57 way back in the day but long ago sold it, I remember the police supply company I bought from at L.E.O. prices in the early 80's had me on a six month wait list to get the 29. I bought one in 4" and still kick myself for ever selling it !!!
There are bunches i regret selling, probably just about every one ! Lol.
When posts like yours come up… I usually end up looking at them 3-4 times a day sometimes :laugh:
Since i am so po’ ….. thats all i can afford to do - is look ! :rolleyes:

Another free bump too ! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom