• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! FS/FT L.C. Smith 12 ga. dbl. barrel (mfg. 1907), rare Chain Damascus with...

Wadzilla

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...-chain-damascus-with-research-letter.2484888/
Item Name: FS/FT L.C. Smith 12 ga. dbl. barrel (mfg. 1907), rare Chain Damascus with Research Letter

Zip Code: 30572

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $1400
Trade Value or Items Looking For: dbl barrel 410 of equal value

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: L C Smith 12 gauge double hammer gun, rare chain Damascus 30 inch barrels, full and full choke, ser. # 155886, mfg. in 1907. All numbers match. L.C. Smith Research Letter included. Wood is solid with very slightest few scratches but NO cracks. All original with no refinishing or repairs. 14 3/8" to the buttplate. Locks up in line and tight. The very rare chain Damascus (per L.C. Smith Research Letter) makes it of collector quality.

Pictures:
img_0155-jpg.3214649

img_0156-jpg.3214650

img_0157-jpg.3214651

img_0158-jpg.3214652

img_0159-jpg.3214654

Beautiful piece of history. If I had an extra $1400 laying around, this would be mine.
profile_mask2.png

Clint Paschal <cnpaschal@gmail.com>
3:55 PM (1 minute ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to The
cleardot.gif

Thanks !! The research letter (aside from everything in the ad and the beauty) really indicates the true value of this gun. The man that does the research and writes the official LC Smith Research Letters called me on the phone before writing the letter. He asked me about the history of the gun and I told him the very limited amount that I knew. I asked him why he wanted to know. He told me that it's so rare to see a bonafide LC Smith of this grade, with all original and matching numbers WITH CHAIN DAMASCUS, that in fact he had NEVER personally seen one. Of course he didn't get down to that detail in the Letter, only mentioning the rarity and possible increased value. We (I) speculated that perhaps it was custom made for a mfg's employee....Chain Damascus is usually reserved for higher grade shotguns. I really don't know what a possible "one of a kind" (my words, not his) gun of this quality is worth, but $1400 seems reasonable to me. Thanks for looking

The Southern Side by Side Championship & Exhibition in Sanford, NC

The LC Smith Collectors Association will have a very large presence at that event in a couple of weeks. 6hr ride, but may be worth it to put it front of the people who live and breathe those pieces. The gent who did the research letter and spoke with you is likely from that organization. A fine bunch of fellas to be certain. Also sales there are permitted, so if indeed it is that rare, probably the single largest gathering of dedicated SxS shooters and LC Smith collectors of the year would be a fine place to try and move it along to a new home.

Thanks for the info. I'm not really a collector and had no idea that the gun was "rare" until I got the phone call and Research Letter. I bought the gun because it was beautiful and I wanted to know the history behind it. The gun belongs in the hands of a true collector that can show it and be proud of it. Maybe you or others that read this can pass along it's availability....unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the Side by Side Championship. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom