• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Colt 1911 WITH A STORY TO TELL!

chooter91

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Reaction score
This beautiful piece has been in my collection for a while, tucked away, only to see the light of day on the rare occasion of show and tell to those who can really appreciate the history this pistol holds. I really don’t want to let it go but priorities insist that this ole gal find a new home for someone new to appreciate her. I can include more pictures upon request. This will be a cash only deal. For a transaction of this monetary value I will be strict on the meet up which we can arrange once I have a serious buyer. I’m setting the price based on others Ive seen on gunbroker so if the price is too high or too low for market value then someone with market knowledge please feel free to step in and let me know what to adjust the price to. Don’t sleep on your chance to own an amazing piece of history, one that sent some nazis to meet their maker. Low serial number that dates back to 1917. Not sure if this gun saw action in WWI but I can confirm that it saw action in Europe in WWII.

Attachments

• IMG_4542.jpeg
    IMG_4542.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4541.jpeg
    IMG_4541.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4546.jpeg
    IMG_4546.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4547.jpeg
    IMG_4547.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 19
Do you happen to have the historical letter from the Colt archives for this one?

Nice looking piece!
I do not have the letter however I have spoke to someone from colt archives which is how I got the date on the gun. This piece was in a shipment of 1,100 pistols sent to Springfield Armory on August 29, 1917. I may reach back out to colt and pay for the letter if it will help me in rehoming this piece.

I do not have the letter however I have spoke to someone from colt archives which is how I got the date on the gun. This piece was in a shipment of 1,100 pistols sent to Springfield Armory on August 29, 1917. I may reach back out to colt and pay for the letter if it will help me in rehoming this piece.
With that kind of money involved, any provenance you can provide is going to help the sale.

Back
Top Bottom