Item Relisted! FS $325. ROSSI 357, 6" BBL, 6 SHOT, STAINLESS STEEL

mishoprat

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-325-rossi-357-6-bbl-6-shot-stainless-steel.956305/
Item Name: FS $325. ROSSI 357, 6" BBL, 6 SHOT, STAINLESS STEEL

Location: EXIT 28 I-85, HOGANSVILLE, GA 30230 (Loves Truck Stop convenient at the Exit)

Zip Code: 30230

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $325 FIRM

Caliber: 357 MAGNUM / 38 SPECIAL

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Medium frame Rossi Model 972. A few things that surprised me about this gun:
Double action trigger pull is much smoother than I expected with a very clean break.
Single action trigger pull is much lighter than I expected, and very crisp. I was pleasantly surprised.
The gun hits point of aim; it is accurate. (6" barrel / long sight radius helps).​

Finish is a factory polished Stainless Steel. Grips are factory rubber, absorb recoil nicely and provide a good purchase. Cylinder is swing out 6 shot. Rear sight is adjustable. Combat hammer has an aggressive knurl and has the firing pin mounted to it. The revolver is equipped with a transfer bar for safer under hammer carry. In 1997 Forjas Taurus purchased the rights & equipment to manufacture Rossi brand revolvers; this model 972 is 1 of them.

To complete a sale you must show up with legible, unaltered ID (drivers license) showing that you are 21+ YOA and a resident of GA. A CC permit is always preferred. By making an offer you certify you can legally own a handgun.

Terms are cash. I am not in the market for a trade...I am downsizing! The price is firm, and I am not driving far at this price point. I do not require a bill of sale, but I am willing to sign one with the correct S/N if you request it.

I have had extensive neck surgeries which make it difficult to communicate verbally. ODT private messaging is preferred. Text at 706 302 8354 is limited (not a smartphone, but it works).

Thanks for checking it out; enjoy browsing the ODT.

Pictures:
p1010519-jpg.475954

p1010520-jpg.475955

p1010521-jpg.475956

p1010525-jpg.475959

Last edited:
I got my eyes on this thread, now looking at rossi & Taurus revolvers reviews off google.. there is always a website forum scaring me talking about how you can't fully cycle when you shot p+ 357 out of rossi's, Taurus revolvers.. only smith & Wesson, ruger's with the best barrels for hotload shootings and dan t ??

I got my eyes on this thread, now looking at rossi & Taurus revolvers reviews off google.. there is always a website forum scaring me talking about how you can't fully cycle when you shot p+ 357 out of rossi's, Taurus revolvers.. only smith & Wesson, ruger's with the best barrels for hotload shootings and dan t ??

Lil L'ss
I think these are the only +P cartridges that SAAMI recognizes, and their over-pressure ratings. That doesn't mean there aren't ammunition manufacturers who produce rounds in excess of these pressures without SAAMI ratings. The 357 Magnum is already rated for a chamber pressure of 35,000 psi, so there is no +p designation. If you want more chamber pressure than that you may have to go to a Super Magnum (357 maximum) rated by SAAMI at 48,000 psi maximum chamber pressure.

SAAMI specifications for common +P cartridges are as follows:

Cartridge Standard pressure +P pressure Notes
9 mm Luger 35,000 38,500 10% increase
.38 Special 17,000 18,500 9% increase
.45 ACP 21,000 23,000 9.5% increase
.38 Auto 26,500 36,500 38% increase to make .38 Super
.45 Colt 14,000 27,500 96.4% increase, For use in certain modern revolvers and lever rifles
.257 Roberts 54,000 58,000 7.5% increase

The Rossi 972 in Stainless Steel is built and rated for the 357 magnum cartridge and chamber pressure. I don't know who your Google NaySayers are, but I'll bet they aren't weapons engineers. Taurus and S&W were owned by the same company (Bangor Punta Corp) for 7 years (1971-1977, I know before you were born) and exchanged engineering and manufacturing information. Taurus purchased the rights and equipment to manufacture Rossi Revolvers in 1997. I doubt Taurus made this purchase if they thought the Rossi was a less than adequate design. By the way, Taurus has been building revolvers since 1941 (before I was born). Taurus built this revolver.

I'm not really sure what you hope to learn by watching "this thread", but I hope it proves fruitful.
Good Shooting,
Pete

Last edited:
sir you helped me out!!! , I want a 6-7 shooter .357, & just been on google ar-15.com forum and other forums, people was saying if you plan on shooting more .357 cartridges out of a revolver it's best to get a smith & Wesson or ruger, because of ruger's heavy barrel I guess and barrel harmonics, im actually typing exactly what I see, from the "complainers" about rossi's and Taurus revolvers.. but I am aware of gun companies buy other's blue print on the design,make-out and all.. isn't smith & Wesson handguns like that with glocks? or springfield xd's??

sir you helped me out!!! , I want a 6-7 shooter .357, & just been on google ar- i15.com forum and other forums, people was saying if you plan on shooting more .357 cartridges out of a revolver it's best to get a smith & Wesson or ruger, because of ruger's heavy barrel I guess and barrel harmonics, im actually typing exactly what I see, from the "complainers" about rossi's and Taurus revolvers.. but I am aware of gun companies buy other's blue print on the design,make-out and all.. isn't smith & Wesson handguns like that with glocks? or springfield xd's??

Lil L'ss,
I prefer Ruger or S&W when it comes to revolvers. I also prefer a large frame in 357. I acquired my S&W model 28 in a trade that I wasn't enthusiastic about. It has become one of my favorite guns, and 357 one of my favorite calibers. It will be hard to find a Ruger or S&W 6 shot 357 magnum revolver at the $325. price point, where this revolver is. That's one reason the Taurus and Rossi revolvers have become popular...not everyone can afford a $600. gun. If you are not in a hurry, and watch the net daily, you may be able to pick up a used Ruger Security Six (or Service Six or Speed Six) in the $400. price range. You might even get lucky and find a hungry pawn broker locally and score a deal; shop! Keep Shopping!

I will say that I enjoyed shooting the model 972 in the year or so that I have owned it, and so did other members of my family (including retired law enforcement). It is a nice solid medium frame revolver.

Best of luck with your search, and good shooting; it's fun.
Pete

Reactions: JWC
Back
Top Bottom