• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! FS 1997 Ford Thunderbird

Bluechip

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
Reaction score
This was a ONE owner until yesterday. 1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6L V8 with a little over 92,000 on the ODO. The car has been sitting for 10 years. 8 in a garage and 2 yrs under a carport. With a new battery it started right up on the first flip of the key.
The owner of the vehicle worked at FORD for 40 years. He was a line man, built this car and drove it out the door. Cool background. I am open to offers. CASH is king.
Since I picked it up today there are a few things that I know need to happen. They car was driven for 2 hours today. No white smoke. No burning oil. Currently in a garage.
Text if you are interested: 404-550-6854

If I perform the updates I will have to roll that cost into the purchase price.
A: Needs all fluids flushed.
B: Brakes checked.
C: Oil Change
D: Tune Up
E: Small electrical issue. (Lights on one side are not functioning)

I have a clean title in hand that is signed. I am within the 30 day window of registering. Please note that since the car is 25 yrs old it can be registered as historic.

Attachments

• 2022-04-02 14.11.02.jpg
    2022-04-02 14.11.02.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 460
  • 2022-04-02 17.19.07.jpg
    2022-04-02 17.19.07.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 456
  • 2022-04-02 17.19.17.jpg
    2022-04-02 17.19.17.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 454
  • 2022-04-02 17.21.15.jpg
    2022-04-02 17.21.15.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 453
I guess you could say it's a 2 owner car now.
I'm assuming if he just picked it up today and already selling it, he's title jumping (which is very unfortunately illegal) and leaving the title open for another buyer. Which would appear as a one owner vehicle. Might want to read up on that Bluechip Bluechip . State's gotta make their residual tax on stuff that's already been taxed over and over.

Unless you're a licensed dealer of course.

I'm assuming if he just picked it up today and already selling it, he's title jumping (which is very unfortunately illegal) and leaving the title open for another buyer. Which would appear as a one owner vehicle. Might want to read up on that Bluechip Bluechip . State's gotta make their residual tax on stuff that's already been taxed over and over.

Unless you're a licensed dealer of course.
State rules will always be followed. No title jumping. 30 day window is engaged.

Have you checked out Bringatrailer.com?

Seems really popular with older low mileage vehicles. Bidding seems to get pretty crazy there. An engine detail would go a long ways for internet bidders.

State rules will always be followed. No title jumping. 30 day window is engaged.
Can you elaborate on this 30 day window? My understanding is if you purchase a vehicle and don't title/register in your name and leave the title open, that would be title jumping. Doesn't matter if it's flipped the same day or day 31. Pretty certain this is the same across all states.

Have you checked out Bringatrailer.com?

Seems really popular with older low mileage vehicles. Bidding seems to get pretty crazy there. An engine detail would go a long ways for internet bidders.

Couldn't agree more. I started on the outside yesterday. I wanted to do a few mechanical things before I clean it up.

Back
Top Bottom