Item Relisted! FS 1978 FORD F-100 SHORT BED

Capnmike

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-1978-ford-f-100-short-bed.2147177/
Item Name: FS 1978 FORD F-100 *REVISED*

Zip Code: 30214

Item is for: Sale/Trade
Sale Price: $5500.00

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: ***Several interesting offers for trades on later model trucks. I would consider a Ford or Chevy shortbed, V8/automatic 2000 and up as long as it wasn't a rag and the mileage was reasonable for the age. I don't want a fixer upper project or Bubba-rized jacked up or slammed concept of cool.***

This truck had sat for years until I bought it. It is now tagged, insured, running, driving and waiting for you to drive it home. Call for more details.

Believed to be a 351 CI Windsor with a Holley 4 barrel and headers. It has an automatic trans with a floor shifter. The fluids were drained and replaced with fresh everything. The gas tank, fuel lines and carb were flushed, dry rotted hoses were replaced, radiator rebuilt, new spark plugs and wires, transmission drained and replaced with correct Type F fluid, new gaskets and screen, new battery and four vg Cooper 235x75x15 tires. The motor runs vg with a slight lope which may (?) be a mild cam and the transmission shifts like it should. No a/c or power steering but drives well with very little drift common in old trucks. Wipers, heater and aftermarket radio works. All glass is good. Dash pad, seat covers and carpet is good.

Passenger door inside panel is cracked but reproductions are available as is just about every trim piece. Exterior lights work but some bulbs are bright and others dim. Gas gauge does not work ** but comes with a full tank of gas**. There is no horn. I took one off of another of my cars and I couldn’t get it to work. I pressure washed the tree sap off but did not attempt to detail the truck. It’s a decent 40 footer as far as paint and body but years in the backyard has caused some fading and a few very repairable rust areas. With close inspection, some previous repairs could use some attention or it can be driven as is.

I am not a mechanic just a long time old car enthusiast. If you have little or no mechanical experience, I encourage you to bring someone to help you check out the truck. Sold "AS IS" with a bill of sale. If you live in a liberal state requiring a title, forget it. NO joy riders or thrill seekers, no unaccompanied kids (anyone under 30 yrs old). Fast, may not be suitable for young drivers. Have your finances in order before you call. If you need to sell your car first or ask your wife, don’t call me. I don’t text. Yes, I'm old and can be cranky.

$5500.00. Will consider trades for running antique/vintage cars and trucks. Also interested in Remington Light 20 and Beretta and Bennelli semi's in 12 ga, no camo please.

Mike 770 461-7031 A few miles north of Fayetteville on Hwy 92N.

Pictures:
20191227_141103-2-jpg.2419494

20191227_141128-2-jpg.2419495

20191227_141252-2-jpg.2419496

20191227_140944-2-jpg.2419501

20191227_140846-2-jpg.2419502

Horn and light bulb issues could be a ground problem....just an idea.
Nice looking old truck ! Wish i had the coin for it. GLWS

Thanks for the tip. Several have mentioned the possible "ground" problem. Electrical systems of cars were explained to me as "magic". If I can see a problem I can usually fix it. I'm already in too deep to take the truck somewhere to fix the problem. I've changed the ad to consider trades. Thx again.
Capn

awesome! thats almost exactly like my very first truck, except mine was green lol. wish i had the cash! i would love to have one again.

Back
Top Bottom