• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: Titan 25 acp handgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: Titan 25 acp handgun

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: bring it, i want them

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I had an F.I.E. import "Titan" in .25 caliber for my first carry gun! The dealer pricing on it was $39 and my local FFL charged $15 more to receive it and process the form 4473.

It was 100% reliable right out of the box.

It was surprisingly accurate if you could get a steady hold and see those incredibly tiny little sights that are absolutely ridiculous on a pocket pistol.

Ultimately I got rid of it because I did not want to carry any single action semi automatics anymore other than a 1911 pattern pistol carried in a properly fitting holster. I thought cheap small single action automatics were unsafe to carry cocked and locked (condition one)
and too slow to bring into action if you carry them with the hammer down and chamber empty.

I switched to DA action guns only.

not the same and at 400 yeeeesh
I hear ya, I thought $400 was a bit strong as well.
My 950bs was $200 but that was pre covid pricing.
As a rule, I just help find them tho, don't handle price
negotiations or transportation.
I WISH they had made them in 22lr. The pistol is solid I just don't dig 25acp.
In the early 90s Intratec made a cool knockoff of a CZ pocket gun called the Protec 25.
It was DA only and no sights at all. Their catalog showed a 22 model but it was never produced.
hmmm, I suspect you just don't dig 25acp prices. But then again, who does?
You mention their catalog had a protec 22 but it was never produced.
How'd they take a picture of it? Musta made at least one.

I think John M Browning designed the 25 ACP cartridge (rimless) specifically because of the problems inherent in making a small pocket pistol of the semi automatic variety work reliably with 22 rimfire cartridges (rimmed).

Unless you plan on shooting it a lot and the price differential is a dealbreaker,
I think the .25 is the better cartridge because of more reliable feeding and more reliable ignition.

I had a 21A Bobcat in 22LR that was quite finicky.
So when I found a Bobcat in 25ACP grabbed it PDQ.
Never a hiccup with the 25. Then discovered Mec-gar
had a hi-cap mag for the 25 Bobcat which makes it a
9+1 mouser. Slightly larger and DA/SA so easier to
use than the 950bs.

If you by chance you are passing through Ellijay, I saw one in nice shape at Gun Pro gun shop for 149.00 . Also Cherokee gun in Canton occasionally gets them in , I have purchased a couple of them there for 100 out the door, but I got rid of them, good luck. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom