• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone! FT Looking to join the Darkside. Trading my Colt 1911 for your full size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Blue

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
22   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Looking to join the Darkside. Trading my Colt 1911 for your full size Kimber

Zip Code: 30047

Item is for: Trade Only

Trade Value or Items Looking For: Full size Kimber 1911

Caliber: .45 ACP

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes -Drivers license or carry permit number, date, and signature

Item Description: I'm offering for trade a pristine Colt 1911 (model O1991 series 80) in exchange for your full size Kimber 1911.

Yes, Colt fans, I know I'm “trading down,” but I already have a Kimber Ultra Carry and a Kimber Tactical Pro. I need to standardize my manual of arms to ensure that any practice I get on one gun will transfer to the other guns I rely on. I figure swapping one Colt for a Kimber is easier than swapping my two Kimbers for two Colts of the same size (Defender and Commander). However, if there is someone out there willing to trade both their Defender and their light weight Commander, I will reconsider not joining the darkside :-)

I'm looking to use your full size Kimber as a range gun, so although I appreciate the beauty of Kimber's high end guns, and the utility of night sights and integrated rails, these enhanced options are not of value to me and I will therefore not be inclined to add money to match perceived value differences. Like I said, I'm looking for a working gun, and it's job will quite simply be range practice at a well lit facility.

The Colt comes with three holsters and the original Colt case. Here's a link to pictures of the gun: http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/Michael_R_Mardis/slideshow/Guns/Colt 1911

Thanks for reading my post. Let me know if you're interested. I'll respond “Thanks” or “No thanks” to all offers.

Pictures:
1385939150_0.jpeg

1385939150_1.jpeg

1385939150_3.JPG

Last edited:
What exactly is the difference in "manual of arms" between colt and Kimber?

They are the exact same, the Colt is just higher quality...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom