Item Gone: FS Vintage Moassberg 42B 22LR/ 22 short take down bolt action

Status
Not open for further replies.

dana

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
37   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS Vintage Moassberg 42B 22LR/ 22 short take down bolt action

Zip Code: 30501

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 150

Caliber: 22LR

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: SPM
I have a old Mossberge 42B 22LR/short bolt action for sale. Rifle is old with a nice brown patina to the metal, not really blued much any more, plastic is in good condition, wood is nice with no cracks but it is old. I Really cool old rifle that have a nice following with the Marlin guys. I am not sure the sights are right. It has multiple interchangable front sights and a rear barrel mounted sights. I think maybe it came with a target rear peep but it is no longer there. Bore looks shiny and nice to me. It has a screw that attaches the stock to the action that you can manipulate by hand with out any tools which is how it is a "take down". Has a lot of "character" to it for someone that like old 22s to play with. Really cool old rifle but my safe is literately bursting at the seams and i cant even close the door any more. I found it in my Grandads attic about 15 years ago and oiled it up. Shot it a few times and it appears to work well. The bolt works smoothly but you need to pull it back quickly to cleanly eject empty cases. I dont know if this is how they all were. I just have too many guns that are similar that i have more attachment to. I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow. I will take $150 for it. I am a GA resident with CCW but working in NC near Claytone GA. I accasionaly drive through Atlanta area about once a month. I will be driving up 75 from Florida all the way through Atlanta and Clayton GA. in a few days. If you want it and will 100% for sure meet me along that drive i can do that. But my wife will be with me and i cant wast time or go out of my way that day or i will be dealling with an angry wife. Other than that will be in and out of Atlanta as stated.
SPM

Pictures:
20220210_124749.jpg
20220210_124806.jpg
20220210_124757.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
SPM
I have a old Mossberge 42B 22LR/short bolt action for sale. Rifle is old with a nice brown patina to the metal, not really blued much any more, plastic is in good condition, wood is nice with no cracks but it is old. I Really cool old rifle that have a nice following with the Marlin guys. I am not sure the sights are right. It has multiple interchangable front sights and a rear barrel mounted sights. I think maybe it came with a target rear peep but it is no longer there. Bore looks shiny and nice to me. It has a screw that attaches the stock to the action that you can manipulate by hand with out any tools which is how it is a "take down". Has a lot of "character" to it for someone that like old 22s to play with. Really cool old rifle but my safe is literately bursting at the seams and i cant even close the door any more. I found it in my Grandads attic about 15 years ago and oiled it up. Shot it a few times and it appears to work well. The bolt works smoothly but you need to pull it back quickly to cleanly eject empty cases. I dont know if this is how they all were. I just have too many guns that are similar that i have more attachment to. I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow. I will take $150 for it. I am a GA resident with CCW but working in NC near Claytone GA. I accasionaly drive through Atlanta area about once a month. I will be driving up 75 from Florida all the way through Atlanta and Clayton GA. in a few days. If you want it and will 100% for sure meet me along that drive i can do that. But my wife will be with me and i cant wast time or go out of my way that day or i will be dealling with an angry wife. Other than that will be in and out of Atlanta as stated.
SPM
Interested if still available.

Sorry for the confusion I have a new phone number 7067689511 I hate to bother you I want the rifle for my son his birthday is in 6 weeks he will be 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom