• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS * UNICORN ALERT * "Mint" Condition Winchester 9417 .17 HMR...

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobaroque

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
38   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS * UNICORN ALERT * "Mint" Condition Winchester 9417 .17 HMR...

Zip Code: 30528

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 3100.00

Caliber: Other

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: ** THREE DAY LISTING ONLY **

Well, as you may already know, we lost our Dear-Old-Dad in August of last year and it's been a rough few months. But, after finally getting around to going through Dad's treasures I came across a gun that he talked about many times but never himself fired. After discussion with the family, most importantly our Mom, we've decided to let this one go to a true collector of fine lever action rifles.

The real deal and a true rarity: Winchester Model 9417 Lever Action Rifle. Beautiful American walnut stock. All original and virtually pristine condition, albeit no box or docs.

Dad's one-time extensive collection of Winchester 94's once included some of the most sought-after calibers, both big bore and little plinkers. While all the big boys are gone, he just could never part with his beloved rimfires, and this fine rifle is part of that bunch. It is a true classic that is just not seen very often. I have no idea how many were made or how "rare" this rifle is, but I've got to believe it falls squarely in the "scarce" category.

I would never call a rifle "mint" condition, but this one comes as close as it could be to that description. The walnut stock is deep and rich and the bluing is without visible defect. I've never shot this thing (as I just got to touch it for the fist time a few months ago), and neither did he, but I'm sure it performs in true silky-smooth Winchester fashion.

I'm offering this rifle on behalf of our Mom, who will use the money to support herself and most likely her grand-kids (9) and great-grand-kids (4 and counting) in whatever way she sees fit. Please consider that when expressing an interest via private message.

If you like the rifle and want to make an offer, send me a PM and we can discuss it. If you want to throw a low-ball offer at me, that's ok because I can always say no thanks, but to use an over-used term here on the ODT, "I know what I've got" so please consider the rifle to be an investment, not just a deal.

Because my time here is short, I'm going to list this rifle for only three days starting today. I will end it sometime Saturday evening if it does not sell. If we can agree on a price and logistics, i will promptly mark the listing "gone" and then the anticipation will begin.

More pictures can be taken if you require and I can either post them here, in a PM, or text them to your mobile phone or tablet.

Thank you for looking.
IMG_20220201_210717308.jpg
IMG_20220201_210706759.jpg
IMG_20220201_210659470.jpg
IMG_20220201_210650594.jpg
IMG_20220201_210644618.jpg
IMG_20220201_210630743.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom