Item Gone: FS Tony Kidd Custom 10-22 style semi auto rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4rod

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Tony Kidd Custom 10-22 style semi auto rifle.

Zip Code: 30559

Item is for: Sale
Sale Price: $995 FIRM

Caliber: 22 long rifle

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I am selling my Tony Kidd custom 10-22 style semi auto rifle in 22 long rifle. The receiver is forged & machined 6061 T6 aluminum, and anodized black. It has an integral Picatinny rail. The receiver parts consist of a machined billet steel, hardened and radiused bolt, with pinned hardened (60C) steel firing pin EDM cut to .0001 tolerance, (that's 1 TEN THOUSANDTH of an inch) A2 tool steel hardened extractor cut to .0002 tolerance, precision ground, hardened tool steel guide rod straightened to .0002 tolerance, (those are 2 TEN THOUSANDTHS of an inch) with 3 interchangeable tuning recoil springs, aluminum oversized and Viton coated charging handle, and a Viton covered steel recoil buffer pin. The receiver is countersunk to accept the Tony Kidd trigger housing with countersunk screws. That way the trigger assembly does not move and changes the trigger pull, like when using stock Ruger trigger assemble retention pins. The trigger is adjustable and has been set by Tony Kidd at 2 lbs. The barrel is a Tony Kidd custom chrome molly, .920 diameter, 18 inch fluted steel, hand lapped, 1:16 twist, 11 degree target crown barrel made in Germany by Lothar Walther, then finished in the USA by Tony Kidd. It is NOT threaded for a suppressor. The barrel came with a 1/2 MOA guarantee using high grade target ammo. I found it shot much tighter groups than that using Federal Premium UM22 match ammo. The barrel is mounted in the receiver using Volquartsen hardened steel V-block and hex head hardened steel screws. I mounted a Nikon 3-9X40 AO EFR (extra focus range) rimfire/air rifle scope on the receiver using Burris XTR rings. The barreled action is mounted in a Fajen Legacy adjustable thumbhole stock using a Volquartsen hardened steel, hex head mounting screw. With this 4-way adjustable stock you can raise or lower the comb height to suit your eye alignment in the scope, lengthen or shorten the length of pull for your body, lower or raise the buttpad for special mounting needs, and pitch and yaw the buttpad for benchrest shooting. You can adjust the stock to fit anyone, male or female, large or small, young or old. The rifle will come with 6, Ruger 10-round and 2, Ruger 25-round magazines. This is one of the highest quality, tightest tolerance, and most accurate semi auto 22 rifles I have ever owned. Tony Kidd holds the tolerances to between 1 to 2 TEN THOUSANDTH of an inch on these parts. That's incredible! Heck, a thought is thicker than that!!! It was my small game hunting gun. I am a disabled Vietnam veteran and unfortunately worsening medical conditions have kept me out of the hunting woods for several years now, and I no longer use the gun. Would like to pass it on to someone who will respect and use it as I did. The gun is in excellent condition with a few tiny use marks here and there. No dents, dings, scratches, or rust though. I live in Mineral Bluff just north of Blue Ridge. I will meet the buyer in Blue Ridge for the transfer. I will not ship this gun, nor deliver it to anywhere other than Blue Ridge, so please don't ask. And the price is firm. If you don't like the price, I will keep the excellent Nikon scope and sell the rest for $850 FIRM and you can put your own scope on it. The rifle is for sale locally and it may take me a little while to log back on to mark it gone. If that happens I apologize for any inconvenience.

The buyer needs to have valid state I.D. and a weapons carry permit would be an additional plus. And, of course the buyer releases the seller of any and all liabilities for the purchase, possession, and use of this rifle.

Thanks for looking,

Rod

Pictures:
1022a-jpg.1689417

1022b-jpg.1689418

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom