Reaction score
Item Name: FS Thompson Center Black Mountain Magnum .50 Muzzleloader 1:28 Twist

Zip Code: 30536

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 275.00 OBRO

Caliber: .50

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This is a TC Black Mtn Magnum sidelock muzzleloader they only made 1 or 2 years.
It has a 1:28 twist like the modern inlines. Magnum, in that it is suppose to handle
up to 3 Pyrodex pellets, or up to 150 gr loose. They marketed them for people wanting to
shoot modern loads out of a traditional sidelock rifle. It has fiber optic sights,
from the factory. Aluminum ramrod and is in great condition. I bought it new at
Franklins Guns in Athens years ago and its been a safe queen until this year.
I got it out and shot it a little but open sights and my eyes just dont work very well anymore.
Best load I found with what I had on hand was about a 2" group 350 gr Maxi Hunters over 80 gr Pyrodex.
But I have not spent any time with this thing, it should do much better. I will say up front that it
MAY need a higher front sight as Im adjusted nearly all the way down on the rear. But that is
with THIS load and MY eyes. (laugh). With this fast twist etc, Pyrodex pellets and sabots or Powerbelts may work very well.
Trying to find it a home. Asking 275.00 OBRO.
Im just not going to use it and dont have time to work it in. I have my old Hawken that I can make
smoke with when I want to and an Inline as well. **I think I even have the original Manual.
Also what may appear as a couple of small rust spots is red lint from my cleaning rag.
Face to face, Cash only, local pickup only. Can meet at Dollar General at Big Creek and 52 in Ellijay. Thanks!!

Pictures:
1-jpg.1469045

2-jpg.1469046

3-jpg.1469047

4-jpg.1469048

5-jpg.1469049

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom