Item Gone! FS NOT Going Back in the Safe! Daly HD 12ga- Was $175, then $150, NOW $13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmedinAtlanta

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Gunsmith Special- Charles Daly Field Tactical 18.5

Zip Code: 30308

Item is for: Sale Only

Sale Price: Was $200-- Was $175.00-- then $150.00-- NOW $135.00

Caliber: 12ga

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Very low round count (less than 100 shells through it!) Charles Daly Field Tactical in 12ga (marked for 3" shells). 5+1 capacity. Has fiber optic front sight and ghost ring rear.

I bought this a couple of years ago, and it has never quite worked. I get light strikes on probably 2/5 rounds of the target loads I use (Fiocchi), and I've seen it fail to fire with good Remington 00 buck loads, although that was when my wife was shooting and she may not have racked it sternly enough-- every time I've shot it with the Remington shells, it has gone bang.

So, the FTFs may be a break-in issue or a firing pin issue, I'm not sure. What I do know is that I do not trust the weapon, and even if it was diagnosed and fixed by a competent gunsmith, I would probably never trust it. Being that the purpose of the weapon is home defense, trust is kind of a big deal.

That said, I believe there are any number of folks on ODT who could figure out what's wrong with this bangstick, fix it, and shoot it happily for years to come. The fit and finish are decent, the thing points very naturally with the PG stock, and the sights are frickin' great.

Anyway, shoot me an offer and we'll chat. The buyer is welcome to fully inspect the shotgun (to include disassembly, if desired) before purchasing. We can even take it to the range (either Sandy Springs Gun Club or GA Guns & Safes Forest Park location) and shoot it if the buyer wants to observe the issues first hand.

Pictures:
1381946448_0.JPG

1381946448_1.JPG

1381946448_2.JPG

1381946448_3.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom