Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
95   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Vintage Colt Government Model of 1911

Zip Code: 30039

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 800
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Possible trade for other firearms of same value

Caliber: .45 acp

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This Colt was built in 1917!! This was the original "government model" meant for sale to the public. This is a beautiful "shooter". Its been re-finished, so the true collector value was hurt, but for the guy who actually wants to shoot the pistols he owns, it doesn't get much better. Would be perfect for cowboy action "Wild bunch" shooting.
This is the real deal priced less than a reproduction. All of the small parts on this gun appear to be original, EXCEPT The barrel and grips are not original to the gun, but the rest appear to be.
I purchased and re finished this gun to use in CMP distinguished pistol competition, but they just changed the rules allowing more modern pistols, so it is surplus to my needs. When I got the gun the original finish was gone, and there were several areas of pitting and rust. Very careful attention was paid during the re finish not to round off the edges and dish out the roll marks. There is still some very light evidence of pitting under the grip panels. I did the metal work and the final blue was done by Daves gunsmithing in cumming.
I would really prefer a cash sale, but you can make offers that may include full or partial trades for other firearms. Prefer metal guns, but might consider a Glock 30 or 21 (don't want your holster collection) and NO other poly guns. Again, preference given to cash sale.

Must be legal to own and purchase a handgun in GA.

Thanks for looking. Please use PMs for questions or offers.

Pictures:
001-jpg.528713

002-jpg.528715

003-jpg.528716

004-jpg.528717

005-jpg.528718

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
006.jpg
A few more pictures

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 33