Zip Code: 30064

Item is for: Sale or Trade

Sale Price: $375

Trade Value or Items Looking For: Other S&W revolvers, perhaps a CZ in 9 or 45

Caliber: .38 Special

Willing To Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required: No

Item Description:

What we have here is...well, a Smith & Wesson Model 15-4, also know as the Combat Masterpiece. K-frame, .38 Special, adjustable sights, blued finish.

It's not the prettiest girl at the dance. When I picked it up, it was very dirty. When I clean it up, the layer of crud hid a fair amount of thin, freckled bluing. It's been cleaned, polished and coated in Ren Wax, so the finish is now stabilized. I've seen much worse, but I was hoping for much more. The rear sight has been rounded by someone in the past, but it's serviceable. I'm trying to be honest about its condition, but probably making it out to be worse than it really is. I'm just a little picky about my Smiths.

Mechanically, it's as tight a Smith as I own - and for those of you who know me, I have a few. I have no doubts that it will be a great shooter, but I have enough shooters in my stable already. Timing is good...trigger is typical K-frame, which is to say very nice. Cylinder is clean, bore is bright, rifling is sharp.

Price is pretty firm as I am listing it for what I have in it...without even accounting for the entire afternoon I spent cleaning it up.

As far as trades...I could be easily interested in a nice S&W Model 10 4" with a heavy barrel. But it would need to be nice. I am willing to add boot to level out the deal, but let's be realistic. I could also boot up on a trade for a CZ in 9mm or 45ACP. Preference would be given to a PCR or CZ97...but will listed to others as well.

Deal would need to be close to Marietta or West Midtown if during the week. On the weekend, I would be willing to meet someone halfway within reason but I am not driving more than 30-45 minutes for this one. Unless it's for the right trade.

More pictures can be made available...just tell me what you want to see.

Thanks for looking!

Jr.

Pictures:
1410748480_1.jpg

1410748480_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom