Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS/FT Ruger Bisley Blackhawk 45 Colt

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 795
Trade Value or Items Looking For: See description

Caliber: 45colt

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Here is my Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in 45 Colt. 7.5" barrel, roll marked cylinder. It functions perfectly and has been my favorite Ruger SA to shoot (I may have a few). It has some handling marks and blue wear at the muzzle - see pics, barrel looks great. Comes with instructions and hard case. Favorite I say, why am I selling you ask? I picked up a Freedom Arms 83 Premier grade w/ 45 colt cylinder and don't shoot this any more. If that makes no sense to you then I suggest you find one of Dick Casull's revolvers to shoot so it all comes into focus my friend, but this is a very close second. Price is $795.

I live in Peachtree Corners and frequently travel to Hart/Elbert counties so can meet based on home location, up there, or up 85 or 316. I don't sell to, or trade with, prohibited persons, so a look at your ID and preferably permit when we meet.

I am open to trades but will likely be very specific. My goal is mainly to reduce clutter. Revolver in 460 S&W, Enfield M1917, and KelTec P50.

Pictures:
r1.jpg
r2.jpg
r3.jpg
r5.jpg
r6.jpg
r7.jpg
r4.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
You're right about the Freedom Arms. I got a Model 97 in 45 Colt a few months ago and haven't shot my Ruger since.
Did the same thing myself about a year and a half ago. Started selling off my Rugers after shooting the Model 97 for a while - then added a Model 83 with all 3 cylinders (.45ACP, .45LC & .454 Casull) about 6 months ago. The Freedom Arms single actions are nothing short of fantastic.

But if I were looking for a little less expensive .45 Colt option, this Bisley Ruger would be just the ticket!
Both guns are great. The FA is impressive - I have 45 Colt brass that will chamber in the 45 Colt cylinder but not the 454 cylinder. The nominal head thickness is 0.003" thicker on 45 Colt. The tolerances are that tight. Not a problem in my Taurus. I don't think I would get rid of all of my Rugers even if I could figure out how to convince my wife that I needed ten $2500 revolvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom