Item Name: FS/FT Hakim

Zip Code: 30458

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: ~1200 (negotiable)
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Same as sale price

Caliber: 8mm Mauser

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Up for sale/ trade I have my beloved Hakim, in my opinion the best of the old school battle rifles and a fantastic hog and deer gun. Looking for cash or something interesting, special consideration to lever actions, other battle rifles, .308’s, pcc’s, or 10mms. Willing to throw in a box of 200gr fmj and a cool old Winchester fleece lined burlap case for the right trade. Shoot me an offer, the worst I can say is no!

Description and info: The Hakim is a semi automatic, direct impingement, 10 shot 8mm battle rifle. It is based of the AG M/42 Ljungman, but in 8mm with an adjustable gas block. These were built on Swedish tooling in Egypt from the 50’s to the early 60’s and are fairly rare, with overall production topping out around 70,000. This specific rifle was part of the CAI imports, as far as I can tell it was in the country pre-AWB. The rifle is designed to be fed from stripper clips, similar to an sks, however the magazines are easily removable and you can mag swap the rifle if that’s your preferred reloading technique.

Condition: the bore is bright and shiny, the rifling is crisp, and the gas system was in good shape when I last tore it down. I have only shot modern ammo through it, and it does not appear to have been shot much before me. It does not show any of the typical signs of corrosive ammo use. The metal is in good shape, some finish wear and handling marks. The rack number is still discernible on the stock, painted in yellowish- beige. The gas block adjusts easily and it clicks to position readily.

This rifle comes with 3 10 rd. magazines: a factory and 2 repros. The factory mags are going for 2-300 and the repros are ~1-150. You can also modify an mg-13 mag fairly easily if you want 25rds at a time.

Bottom line: comps are going for 1000 to 1500 on gunbroker and on here, so I feel like the lower end of that price range is fair but like everything else it’s negotiable. I love this rifle, and I’m in no hurry to get rid of it, but I’d like to see what’s out there and let someone else enjoy this great gun!

Feel free to ask for more pictures, details, or information, even if it’s just to expand your knowledge. Not many people are aware of these beauties and I’m always willing to help educate.

Naturally, Ga DL is a must and ccw would be nice to have but not necessary. I’m vaccinated so as far as mask use I’ll defer to the buyer’s preference.

I live in Statesboro but my folks live just north of Atlanta and I’m not opposed to using this trade as an excuse to go see them. Thanks for reading and God Bless!

Pictures:
3299e05a-0ce9-4f91-8cd7-8eb96ee5ba8f-jpeg.3196038

2c3ddd70-4695-43d1-b121-fef87cb93a9b-jpeg.3196040

1e45f747-7954-405f-9aa6-46879cf64928-jpeg.3196041

9d6a6b7a-2e6e-48ff-9e2d-f3bbf70b92c0-jpeg.3196042

ede01638-65b7-400a-bd9b-1b2c17f6bec4-jpeg.3196044

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I had one of these about ten years ago, and it is LOUD, but it doesn't actually recoil much at all thanks to that DI gas system. Mine was a beater that I gave something like $400 for, and I've always regretted selling it. Cool guns. GLWS, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom