• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS/FT 2004 Chevy 1500 4x4, Ext. Cab - needs motor work, make an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntin42

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Chris, GREAT DAY!
73   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS/FT 2004 Chevy 1500 4x4, Ext. Cab - needs motor work, make an offer

Zip Code: 31024

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $1500
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Partial for guns, ammo. I have two guns listed I could put with this for a 4x4 four wheeler

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Bill of Sale Info: Title in hand

Item Description: Bought the truck yr an a half ago from a title pawn place to have a hunting truck I didn't mind getting scratches or dings on - it has several. Ended up daily driving it because it ran and rode well. Replaced alternator and battery couple months ago. December the water pump started leaking; I was planning to replace it on my long weekend, so I added water to get by. Tried to top it off with anti-freeze before the freezing storm hit but apparently I did not get enough back in there. Figured I popped freeze plugs. Took it to a local shop. He said radiator plug blew out, so he replaced the radiator. He then replaced the water pump and tensioner, and hoses. So he told me I was $900 in at this point, then he found the freeze plugs popped out. So $500 to drop the trans in order to get to them. Got them back in and said when he filled it up, that he saw a tiny drip between the block and heads. He said it could be the head gasket, head, or block but no way to know without pulling it apart. I was planning to sell it and get something else anyways. so I'm not looking to spend any more money on it and went and picked it up. You can find a 5.3 for well under 1k. I'm planning to build a shop this year, but until it's built, I have no where to tear a motor apart and/or replace one. Trans, 4x4, heat, an A/C all worked. Middle armrest hinge is broken, but opens an closes fine. Speakers don't work but does have a nice head unit- guy cut the speaker wires when he pulled his sub out as it was getting repoed (supposedly) and I never fixed it. 300k on body, motor was rebuilt at some point by previous owner - did a cam, intake but no paper work or idea when. Would make a good project for a first vehicle, or drop a couple grand on a motor an have a good running huntin rig for under 4k.

It will need to be towed.

I'd like to get $1500 for it, but I'll listen to offers.
I'm not going to give it away for $500, I can part it out for more than that, or it can sit in the yard until I get my shop built and I'll fool with it then.

I'd consider partial trades for guns, ammo, foot controlled trolling motor.
I also have two nice guns listed I could put with this and some cash on my end for a decent 4x4 4wheeler.
Will take some better pics this week.

Pictures:
20220202_103829.jpg
20220202_103821.jpg
20230124_181642.jpg
20230124_181450.jpg
20230124_181349.jpg
20230124_181236.jpg
20230124_181142.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom