Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 450.00

Caliber: 9mm

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: 1986 Cobray m11 with 3 mags

Pictures:
20161121_134625-jpg.970775

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I think the strap hanger is a cool add on. It reminds me of the SMG version. But it MIGHT be an illegal mod. I know it's illegal to add vertical foregrips to handguns. But I'm not sure if this Cobray strap qualifies as the same. Either way I would probably remove it until you know for certain.

THe strap isn't for shooting.
It's for carrying! (wink, nudge) ;)

Anyhow, the best way to shoot these is to screw on some kind of barrel accessory that you can wrap your hand around. A barrel shroud or barrel extension, or maybe a fake suppressor. It only has to be about 4" long to give you a decent grip and keep your fingers away from the muzzle.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-appendix-b/download

But, ATF grandfathered-in all the ones that were already produced and put into the distribution channels for ordinary Americans to own as of that date. Newly-built ones would have to be considered NFA -restricted MG's.

(Too bad more people didn't buy them and register them as SMG's between 1982 and 1986. For $100 for the gun and $200 for the tax, you'd have a $300 investment on a weapon that would be worth $5000 or better now.)

So the OP's 1986 semi-auto pistol would have to be a closed-bolt design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom