Reaction score
Item Name: FS '89 Cherokee

Zip Code: 30078

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 1000

Caliber: Awesome

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: 1989 Jeep Cherokee Sport. 2dr, 4x4, automatic, PS, PW. 4.0L Renix inline 6. 155k miles. Has sat for 8 years, fuel pump is locked up (is in the tank on these). Some damage to front, shown in pictures. Was driven as-is. New battery, 2AWG cables and grounds, motor turns over freely and build pressure. Ran when parked due to a death in the family.

Pictures:
20160925_121138-jpg.1214536

20160925_121152-jpg.1214537

20160925_121119-jpg.1214538

20160925_121250-jpg.1214539

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I cut the whole roof off of one just like this back in 2011. Had a CJ roll bar ready to go in it and all the carpet pulled out. But then the hard to find 5 speed tranny went out.

Man, I've got a few of those 5-spds sitting around! They're easy to rebuild as well!
Well I was running an auto salvage in Bonaire at the time and couldn't locate one anywhere. But soon after that a 92 Wrangler kinda fell in my lap and the Cherokee went to the back of the yard. But I love Cherokees especially the 2 door models. They usually have all manual locks, windows etc. I have never had any problems selling a plain Cherokee even the 2wd models. I sold one back in 2012 less than two hours after I listed it. First person that called hurried up to bring me the money for that 99 Sport. Now as for the Grand Cherokee... that's a whole different story.

Well I was running an auto salvage in Bonaire at the time and couldn't locate one anywhere. But soon after that a 92 Wrangler kinda fell in my lap and the Cherokee went to the back of the yard. But I love Cherokees especially the 2 door models. They usually have all manual locks, windows etc. I have never had any problems selling a plain Cherokee even the 2wd models. I sold one back in 2012 less than two hours after I listed it. First person that called hurried up to bring me the money for that 99 Sport. Now as for the Grand Cherokee... that's a whole different story.

Yeah, I wasn't a Jeep guy until all of a sudden I was ('92 MJ). Then this fell into my lap and as much as I'd like to get it up and running, I moved to Baton Rouge, La and don't have a place for it. If it doesn't sell, I have a buddy here with some open land I can park it on but that means trailering it down here, then working on it when it's an hour from my house, etc, etc. Plus the Comanche is pretty good at eating up my spare change as it is :D

Yeah, I wasn't a Jeep guy until all of a sudden I was ('92 MJ). Then this fell into my lap and as much as I'd like to get it up and running, I moved to Baton Rouge, La and don't have a place for it. If it doesn't sell, I have a buddy here with some open land I can park it on but that means trailering it down here, then working on it when it's an hour from my house, etc, etc. Plus the Comanche is pretty good at eating up my spare change as it is :D
I missed out on a later 96ish 2 door 4wd back n 13. So I went stupid and bought a 2 door 85 Trooper 4 speed. Won't do that again. But I love boxy two doors. I've also had an 88 Dodge Aries coupe 5 speed ( very rare special order) 90 Jetta coupe ( no more water cooled VWs!) 79 Volvo 242 GT, two VW Foxes, 2 Fairmonts ( wish I could find one now) and my first car was a 76 Audi Fox. Google it. Very boxy.
And waiting on me back in Perry is a two owner Chrysler LeBaron convertible.
But anyway... As I said before any plain Cherokee is a can't lose deal especially a two door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom