• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Closed: WTB 1988-1991 Honda Civic Hatchback

Patriarch

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
Dog and gun lover
Reaction score
Grandson totaled it but the engine and transmission are good, just need a good body but would consider a running one as well.

Grandson totaled it but the engine and transmission are good, just need a good body but would consider a running one as well.
I bought a similar vintage Honda civic as a replacement when a large pole fell on its predecessor, a great little Honda Del Sol. The replacement developed a multitude of problems. Some of them were simple fixes like when the brake lights stopped working, the fix was simply swapping out the switch. Others weren’t easy simple fixes. The tachometer and cruise control stopped working. I’m an aircraft mechanic by trade and usually do my own work. One was difficult to fix and the other was nearly impossible without paying an arm and a leg.

At 20+ years old, these old Honda electronics do not stand up well and replacement of these parts can exceed the value of the beast.

I bought a similar vintage Honda civic as a replacement when a large pole fell on its predecessor, a great little Honda Del Sol. The replacement developed a multitude of problems. Some of them were simple fixes like when the brake lights stopped working, the fix was simply swapping out the switch. Others weren’t easy simple fixes. The tachometer and cruise control stopped working. I’m an aircraft mechanic by trade and usually do my own work. One was difficult to fix and the other was nearly impossible without paying an arm and a leg.

At 20+ years old, these old Honda electronics do not stand up well and replacement of these parts can exceed the value of the beast.
Thanks for the insight.

Back
Top Bottom