• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Issues with hunting club on Rayonier property!

Contact Rayonier directly. They have a whole department or at least a knowledgeable person that handles leases. Try to be as professional and factual as possible. I was able to do this with my friend who had the neighbors trespassing from leased timber company land. The trespassers left him a threatening letter on his property as well as tree stands and 4 wheeler tracks. They ignored the marked boundary and the fire break. We even once found one of the trespassers asleep in a tree stand. Talking got us nowhere one call and the lease was revoked the same day and they were no longer allowed to lease any land from the company. Most companies try to be good neighbors. You will never win a face to face argument with the trespassers. The trespassers have no skin in the game they do not care. But you can win with a phone call. Game warden works but my results calling the game warden have been mixed

Quick google search brings up the division responsible for leasing land to hunters:

Hunting And Recreation

Found this while doing some searching on my lunch break yesterday as well, but thanks for sharing!

So, time for latest updates. Talked to the game warden yesterday, and guess what?! Another adjoining land owner had contacted him 2 weeks ago with complaints about the same club shining and night hunting, so they are already under the microscope and being watched. He was not surprised I was having the same issues and is going to turn up the pressure on the club. In addition, all paperwork is now in place for the warden to arrest them on the spot and press charges if he finds them on my property. He was able to provide the club presidents name so I found his number and called him next. Of course, the president took no responsibility for any of the recent wrong doing and assured me he had wonderful law abiding citizens who were family oriented and would never trespass nor steal...especially not steal! LOL I reminded him of the stand his club members took in the past and then returned weeks later when I raised hell with them about it and he flat out ignored my comment. I closed our talk telling him facts are facts, that he knows they are in the wrong and have been for years and that the next issue I have, be it two weeks from now or two years from now, will not result in a call to him but a letter to Rayonier requesting the lease be terminated immediately. So, we will see but if history tells me anything, it’s that I better go ahead and type up that letter.

Found this while doing some searching on my lunch break yesterday as well, but thanks for sharing!

So, time for latest updates. Talked to the game warden yesterday, and guess what?! Another adjoining land owner had contacted him 2 weeks ago with complaints about the same club shining and night hunting, so they are already under the microscope and being watched. He was not surprised I was having the same issues and is going to turn up the pressure on the club. In addition, all paperwork is now in place for the warden to arrest them on the spot and press charges if he finds them on my property. He was able to provide the club presidents name so I found his number and called him next. Of course, the president took no responsibility for any of the recent wrong doing and assured me he had wonderful law abiding citizens who were family oriented and would never trespass nor steal...especially not steal! LOL I reminded him of the stand his club members took in the past and then returned weeks later when I raised hell with them about it and he flat out ignored my comment. I closed our talk telling him facts are facts, that he knows they are in the wrong and have been for years and that the next issue I have, be it two weeks from now or two years from now, will not result in a call to him but a letter to Rayonier requesting the lease be terminated immediately. So, we will see but if history tells me anything, it’s that I better go ahead and type up that letter.
Should have already mailed that registered letter.

This is why I lost interest in deer hunting. To many idiots out there, even if you have your own property or a lease. Not worth the aggravation and time. All this bs over a deer? Really? You may stop or catch a few trespassers, but most are dead beats with way more free time than any responsible person. Not worth it to me anymore.....

You are making yourself drama you don't need. Contact Rayonier and end the misery. It is going to get better long enough for the pressure to go away. Then it will be a wash, rinse and repeat. Do you like drama?

You are making yourself drama you don't need. Contact Rayonier and end the misery. It is going to get better long enough for the pressure to go away. Then it will be a wash, rinse and repeat. Do you like drama?
I think the land owner would be anxious to reduce any problems with neighboring property owners. A bunch of yahoo Billy-Bob scofflaw "hunters" could give ****-all what the neighboring property owners think.

Nope, not a fan of drama at all and you are right...time to get Rayonier involved.

I walked the entire 1.85 mile property line today putting out posted signs and found 2 stands literally on the property line and 2 more about a yard off it but obviously they are hunting my place from these stands. I don’t understand it, they have 4x the land to hunt as I have but wanna be all in my business. So, I’ll be writing and sending the letter this week.

Back
Top Bottom