• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is your edc your primary range gun?

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
I'll be among the first to admit I have a problem holding onto one gun. That being said, I notice a lot of people say.that they carry something like a pf9, lcr 357, lc9 etc and I hear the same phrases over and over. "Its unbearable to shoot" "its not meant to be a range gun" "too expensive" etc. While I love to shoot different guns, I try to make.my edc my most shot range gun so that I continue building confidence, trust, and proficiency.with it. But if you have an edc that you'll barely shoot at the range, how well will you perform with this weapon when you need it most? It sucks when I'm limited to one box only Ans I can't shoot my kimber or model 60, but at the same time, since my 9c is what I reach for when I hear a bump, it only makes sense to shoot that the most.

My go to "everywhere I go" EDC is my LCP....Those weren't meant to be shot 1000's and 1000's of times so for that reason...I don't. I make sure it function properly and might run a mag or two when I hit the range, but it is far from a firearm that I shoot the most. Has less than 50rds total fired(probably closer to 20), and I have carried it almost daily, for over 2yrs.

Every carry gun I own I shoot and shoot and shoot. I want a gun that will go off every time if I ever have to use it. I want to know it shoots true and strait and I'm good with it. And always practice with my carry loads also which are hollow points making sure I never have ftf issues with the gun.

You know how to get to Carnegie Hall? Practice? Doesn't make sense to carry a gun you don't practice with. I shoot mine every time I got to the range to stay proficient with it. I also don't just poke holes in paper, I shoot a course of fire. It's not the only thing I shoot, but I do shoot it as often as anything else.

Shoot the G26 everytime maybe the car gun P85 but for the range the sub2000 with laser sight or the PLR 16. Lots of folks never seen a folding rifle with a laser are a pistol that shoot 556/223 and fire out the barrel. PLR is loud as hell muffs & plugs.

Back
Top Bottom