• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this True or just Local gun shop lore

If guns all went back to the owners in these scenarios then gun shops wouldn’t be buying large lots of guns from police departments evidence lockers. Most folks don’t know the serial number of their gun. Without proof of ownership you aren’t getting your gun back. If you’re betting that the officer who takes your gun in a scenario where you had to legally use it has written down your serial number correctly then you have more faith in them then I. My buddy works at Emory. They have a strict no gun policy. So my buddy would take his gun apart when he got to work. While doing so he had a ND and shot him self. Atlanta and Dekalb arrived on the scene. After recuperating he started calling around to get his gun back. It took him 5 years because both agencies couldn’t find his gun in their evidence room. Evidence rooms are probably not staffed with the brightest officers. If in the event of having to protect myself I want the most reliable gun I can afford but would hope that day isn’t the day I’m carrying my Korth.

They used to destroy them but in Ga they passed a law where all confiscated guns must be auctioned, unless the legal owner who reported it stolen is found of course. Buddy had a 357 stolen and 6 years later it was found in a crime, he was contacted, took about a year for court case to get done, then he received it back.

Bibb county had an issue with deputies stealing guns out of the evidence room. I know one got busted pretty good.

If guns all went back to the owners in these scenarios then gun shops wouldn’t be buying large lots of guns from police departments evidence lockers. Most folks don’t know the serial number of their gun. Without proof of ownership you aren’t getting your gun back. If you’re betting that the officer who takes your gun in a scenario where you had to legally use it has written down your serial number correctly then you have more faith in them then I. My buddy works at Emory. They have a strict no gun policy. So my buddy would take his gun apart when he got to work. While doing so he had a ND and shot him self. Atlanta and Dekalb arrived on the scene. After recuperating he started calling around to get his gun back. It took him 5 years because both agencies couldn’t find his gun in their evidence room. Evidence rooms are probably not staffed with the brightest officers. If in the event of having to protect myself I want the most reliable gun I can afford but would hope that day isn’t the day I’m carrying my Korth.

gunshops cant buy directly from the departments, they must go through an auction. It can be a silent auction though where gunshops can place a bid, and the winner gets the guns.

They used to destroy them but in Ga they passed a law where all confiscated guns must be auctioned, unless the legal owner who reported it stolen is found of course. Buddy had a 357 stolen and 6 years later it was found in a crime, he was contacted, took about a year for court case to get done, then he received it back.

Bibb county had an issue with deputies stealing guns out of the evidence room. I know one got busted pretty good.
Bungling Bibb, they even sold a pistol through T. Lynn Davis and it turned out to be a stolen pistol that had been REPORTED STOLEN! LOL. Basic rule of thumb is, "Do not count on getting your gun back from the cops. Even if you KNOW they have it and you have every legal right to have it returned to you."

What good is a taken down gun in the heat of the moment?

What good is a taken down gun in the heat of the moment?
I believe he was using a technicality in having his gun at work. As soon as he left the building he would put the slide back on. I guess when you work in a libtard place like Emory and the pay is very good you do what you can to get by. Because you know gun free zones are so safe (insert sarcasm emogee here)

CF386E55-1D2A-4104-BF99-96F641087EDB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom