• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is the Pasture now--

Strangely, putting a thread out to pasture seems to have the effect of making it more interesting to quite a few people.

I don't think it's that at all. On a site where there are new members all the time. It takes them a while to become acclimated and learn how to navigate. To some "New" People there will be a certain amount of redundency until they get "Trained Up".

On a site like this, it takes a while to be accepted by the "Old Timers" and by creating a thread to aske a question that may have been already asked, (a year or so ago), should not be an automatic Pasturization.

I personally don't care if a thread of mine get moved to the pasture. It's just a resting place for it is all. For all I care there can be a Pasture for Pastured threads. It's just a Storage Folder on a computer.

As long as this is a site where "New" Members can come in at any time, there will be repeated threads or questions. It's just the nature of it. I think the owners of the site like to see it grow and therefore should be expected to put up with a certain amount of redundency.

this thread is a dead horse topic about dead horse topics being moved to an area where dead horses get beat

but i agree, the pasture seems to include a few topics that dont actually belong here (is this just the stupid stuff redux subforum?)

Do we need a thread that acts as an instruction booklet for the proper propagation of new "old" threads? I guess so.

As long as this is a site where "New" Members can come in at any time, there will be repeated threads or questions. It's just the nature of it. I think the owners of the site like to see it grow and therefore should be expected to put up with a certain amount of redundency.

Absolutely.....

It's the place to put factual threads about things that SOME people on this site don't want to acknowledge. Now stick your head back in the ground and move along.

Back
Top Bottom