• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is the $250 SAR9 Pistol As Good As The $550 Glock 17? Original video review

The 1 primary thing people overlooked when buying cheap guns is the cost of additional accessories

For some guns the Magazines alone make the purchase not worthwhile

I have a Canik TP9 SC elite and Sarsilmaz SAR 9 and both pistols are great values for what you get the SAR 9 is reported to be one of the most field tested pistols.

Also, i managed to find SAR 9 magazines around $20 (pre-pandemic) but I’ve never been able to find more Canik mags.

On the. SAR9…this is from Palmetto State Armory’s website.

“Possibly the most rigorously tested pistol ever developed, the new SAR9 endured 130 degree baking to simulate desert conditions, -50 degree for the arctic, salt fog, high altitude, 24 hr of rain, solar radiation, fouling, drop tests and 150000 round of live fire in the factory. Police later ran their own test that included 50000 rounds. Finally, a NATO test against major manufacturers from Austria, German and the U.S. ran 90000 rounds with the SAR9 the clear winner. However, the SAR9 has more to offer than just toughness and reliability. The lightweight polymer framed, striker fired, 9mm, SAR9 points naturally and is a pleasure to shoot. With a choice of three insertable back straps to customize fit, a low barrel axes to grip ratio to lessen muzzle climb and 20 degree grip angle providing superior control and fast second shot recovery accuracy is built in. Couple these features with a safety trigger that is smoother than a double action revolver and the SAR9 becomes the perfect carry-pistol when you want a round in the chamber.”

Happy Shooting!

I own both pistols. I frequently shoot both pistols. The SAR9 is a superior weapon in every facet of comparison. The SAR9 is what Glock should or would be making if they listened to their customers, and/or didn’t have so much blind allegiance from their fanboys.

I own both pistols. I frequently shoot both pistols. The SAR9 is a superior weapon in every facet of comparison. The SAR9 is what Glock should or would be making if they listened to their customers, and/or didn’t have so much blind allegiance from their fanboys.
I own both and after 1,000+ rounds I would say it is at least on par with the Glock for the average shooter. I don’t shoot competitively or throw tons of mods on my guns so I cannot speak for the aftermarket crowd, but stock for stock it surely holds it own and I have recommended it to many of my friends. It is quick on target, never has any cycling issues, has a thumb safety (which for those who want that it is nice to have, no need to debate the practicality of a safety here), easier to break down, and mags are not impossible to find or super expensive. It checked all the boxes I needed and has become my go to carry for over a year now. I still like my Glock, but I don’t know if I would buy another. Where glock has the advantage to me is in the variety of sizes and calibers, aftermarket support, and they are locally made.

Back
Top Bottom