Is my life harder than yours.?

I really appreciate all the support & great advise you guys are giving me. I really feel kind of better knowing that I am not alone and everyone is not the same. I will make a few self commitments to try to change my attitude towards peoples thoughts and feelings towards me. What can I expect in a good therapist? How shall it work? I will take some of that chick advise from you natural players sent me:hat: as well lol as sometime a little ugly night finder does make me feel a little better. I don't think anyone has ever inspired me with wise words like those sent to me from you guys. The odt fam is great & I am glad that I did post on this sight because I don't think I would have got these kind of real good responses from any of those other sights!. I feel like I am already developing a winning attitude instead of a whining one and stay true to myself. I really want to thank all you guys for your input . I have read all the great post and would like to reply to all individuals which would take all day FOR ME. I will bookmark this page as my little odt inspirational bible!. GOD BLESS ALL YOU GUYS WHO JUST BLESSED ME WITH SOME COURAGE, STRENGTH,GUIDANCE, & PROBLEMSOLVING SKILLS TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER.

Great advice here!
Not getting out and enjoying life will only hold you down.Listening too negativity is problematic and should be avoided.
Start a routine of activities with like minded people and stick with it,whether it's going out with friends such as a guys night out.
I personally enjoy stopping by a friends gun store,chatting up firearms,hunting and just good conversation.
Sounds as if you have the physical training down and reached your goals,now set some goals to make yourself mentally stronger.
It doesn't matter the kind of activities,just make them with friends.

You certainly have some tough obstacles in front of you, but that's all they are... obstacles, things in the way of where you want to be. It's important for you have a goal in front of you, and keep looking ahead instead of on the problems and setbacks you have endured and experienced in the past.

I personally benefit from prayer and a strong belief that if I'm sincere in what I'm asking for in an unselfish manner, things will improve... notice I didn't say your problems will magically disappear. Many times I simply ask for the strength to endure, and the wisdom to see that no matter how bad my problems may be, there are people who have it worse than I do. You are your greatest strength, and you are also your worst enemy, so try to focus on staying positive.

You mentioned your family, guns and the interaction with the ODT community bring you happiness and keep your mind positive... so endeavor to expand those interests in a prosperous way. Is there a way you can try to obtain your FFL and sell guns via online auctions? Perhaps some other trade or hobby involving weapons is something you can have as a goal and help keep your focus on positive things you enjoy doing.

I can't pretend to understand the path you have walked in the past or the challenges of every day life for you from reading the paragraph in your original post, but you can control your outlook and choose to remain positive. It's OKAY if you need help maintaining a positive attitude, if that means talking to someone who makes you feel better... DO IT. Doctor, friend, family member or a post on ODT... find what works FOR YOU and don't be ashamed, or feel like you're being judged. You WILL HAVE BAD DAYS, you WILL experience setbacks, and there WILL BE more obstacles ahead.

Stay strong... you CAN DO THIS, and you don't have to do it alone.

I can tell you from personal experience, that the only thing that can bring real joy and peace to your life, is a relationship with Jesus Christ. All of the possessions and friends in this world will only bring partial fulfillment and temporary relief. When we learn of the great and wonderful promises that God gives us in his Word, and learn to rest and depend on those promises, the worldly issues and problems that we have seem to lose the poswer that they have had over us. Do not get me wrong, I am not all the way to this place yet, but have made real progress towards this joy that God promises. If you want to discuss further, shoot me a PM. Prayers being sent for you now! <><

I reached out to you guys for help for the first time and you guys gave me great answers and have a brighter vision of how too handle things. I do see that they our other stories out here worst than mine which make me feel more understood and blessed. I am going to look into hanging around positive people with similar interest.I have never been scared of anything but showing myself. But IM from now on I will take everything like a head on collision. if I knew they were guys out here like you guys I wouldn't feel so down about it. But I grew up in a harsh care less environment.so the only person I would try to express to is mom who really couldn't give me answers like these.I already feel better about living anwd kind of feel like I can a smell the coffee. The videos were great as well! F**K it. I WILL TAKE THE CHALLENGE YO DARE MYSELF BE GREAT & I will not let these negative thoughts and people hold me back after today. if they have a problem with what I am doing or how I look doing it I won't give let it bother me or put me in a (pressure cooker) Ill just keep rolling toward positivity. I really appreciate all the wise words from the wise men as they make me feel a little more wisdom. Time to live a little without those dark thoughts poking me in the back of my head God bless x2!. I love you guys for your responses never told another guy that but I truly do feel better in my heart thanks to all you!

Last edited:
I reached out to you guys for help for the first time and you guys gave me great answers and have a brighter vision of how too handle things. I do see that they our other stories out here worst than mine which make me feel more understood and blessed. I am going to look into hanging around positive people with similar interest.I have never been scared of anything but showing myself. But IM from now on I will take everything like a head on collision. if I knew they were guys out here like you guys I wouldn't feel so down about it. But I grew up in a harsh care less environment.so the only person I would try to express to is mom who really couldn't give me answers like these.I already feel better about living anwd kind of feel like I can a smell the coffee. The videos were great as well! F**K it. I WILL TAKE THE CHALLENGE YO DARE MYSELF BE GREAT & I will not let these negative thoughts and people hold me back after today. if they have a problem with what I am doing or how I look doing it I won't give let it bother me or put me in a (pressure cooker) Ill just keep rolling toward positivity. I really appreciate all the wise words from the wise men as they make me feel a little more wisdom. Time to live a little without those dark thoughts poking me in the back of my head God bless x2!. I love you guys for your responses never told another guy that but I truly do feel better in my heart thanks to all you!

Now that's what I call a positive attitude! My wife was diagnosed with MS in 2003 at the age of 40, she said from the get go she wasn't going to let that stop her. She had a real hard time of it for about a year after that but she's been going full speed ahead ever since then, teaching Sunday school, working with little kids at church on Wed. nights, taking care of her Mom and just all kinds of things. Strongest woman I know and I have more admiration and respect for her than just about anyone. She does get a little depressed once in a while but I remind her to trust in GOD and she gets right back on track. Just keep on keepin' on and don't worry about what anyone might think about you, you're no different than any of the rest of us except you've been given some extra hurdles to overcome but you can do it. Call on us anytime.

Back
Top Bottom