• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is my Ammo legal to carry in my gun?

I found this on the inturb-web, so it must be true:

"These are from PMC and were called UltraMag. They were sold briefly in the '80's before their brass bullet design was banned as it could penetrate the Level II body armor worn by many law enforcement officers. As best as I can recall, the bullet weighed about 66 grains and was reported to hit about 1400 ft/sec from a 4" bbl. "

Black Talons were never "illegal". the Manufacture just pulled them and renamed them as "Ranger" or something similar and sold to "LE" only. IIRC, PMC Starfire are about the same thing as black talons.

They changed the coating color and renamed it Ranger SXT (Same X-act Thing)

I found this on the inturb-web, so it must be true:

"These are from PMC and were called UltraMag. They were sold briefly in the '80's before their brass bullet design was banned as it could penetrate the Level II body armor worn by many law enforcement officers. As best as I can recall, the bullet weighed about 66 grains and was reported to hit about 1400 ft/sec from a 4" bbl. "

Black Talons were never "illegal". the Manufacture just pulled them and renamed them as "Ranger" or something similar and sold to "LE" only. IIRC, PMC Starfire are about the same thing as black talons.
I'm old

No more or less then this stuff... it's for LEO ONLY! ONLY!

20240301_165526.jpg

Don't tell anyone, but my friend has some black talons he keeps in his. Sshhhh
SAY IT AIN"T SO!!! That ammo is racist!!! Oh wait, I think you can still buy it? Now they call it Ranger, but don't tell anyone. We don't want the Texas Rangers getting upset thinking Winchester made that ammo for people to shoot explicity at them. You know, like they said about those balck talons. Named it Black Talon for people to shoot black people. I'm still amazed that Winchester caved. I was waiting for the 41 mag round that was in the development. LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom