• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is it legal?

Are you having it shipped? If so must go thru a FFL. If you are doing the transaction FTF what is the issue?

private sales are only allowed between members of the same state. thats the rule of thumb i follow

if you aint got a GA address or ID then i dont sell or buy or trade

What the feds say,

http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

So if I want the rifle it has to go through FFL! Thank you for your help guys!!!

What the feds say,

http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
I think this answers it.

Have seller meet you at Cherokee Gun and you do a 4473 and it's all good. Split the fee with him. Cherokee Gun can buy a rifle from an AL resident, no problem.
I am not doing FFL for a Mosin!!! I like the rifle but not that much! Seller has put a Georgia city as his location, we agreed on the meet and he told me he is from Alabama! Deal is OFF! Not worthy!

Back
Top Bottom