Is anyone watching "Homestead Rescue"?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Stumbled across this the other day and finished season 1 (only 6 episodes). I swear, how stupidity isn't the #1 cause of death in this country is beyond me. The things otherwise seemingly intelligent people will do.... :doh:

Like all 'reality' TV, some of the drama of course is a little contrived but it is worth watching.

Short version, family from Alaska, Father (builder), Son (hunter), Daughter (farmer) go around the country to spend one week helping homesteads on the verge of failing. Stupid is hard to fix....

I've seen a few episodes. Pretty crazy to think these people even thought they could survive homesteading in Alaska.

What streaming service and/or channel is it on?
It's on the Discovery channel. https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/homestead-rescue
We just cut the cord and watch it on YouTubeTV. Looks like there are some current episodes on regular YouTube but we're trying to watch them in order since there's 6 seasons and I'm assuming the production improves over time (not that it's bad initially).

I've seen a few episodes. Pretty crazy to think these people even thought they could survive homesteading in Alaska.
I haven't seen any in Alaska yet (I don't think). Just the family doing the helping is from there.

Yeah alot of the dramatics is way over the top but some of their ideas and fixes are pretty good
You can tell those people know what they are doing and have done it before. The homesteaders on the other hand... just dang... :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom