• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting morning

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
This morning on my drive to work at 3am, there was a black and white small animal in the middle of the road in the opposite lane. Didn't move when I drove past, and didn't move when a lifted 4x4 pulling a trailer either drove over it or around it going the other way.

So I circle back thinking it's a small cat or dog.

Well...it's a duck. I walked over and picked him up and put him in my car, he bedded down on my Carhartt. I told the wife I was gonna leave him protected in the garage until I got off work and assess and then release. She wasn't having it! LOL, I don't blame her. It looks like he possibly has a little dried blood on his beak? Not positive that's what it is though and he seemed fine, so I took him to the pond by our house and he bedded down by some bushes.

Not sure what was wrong with him, but it's not normal for a duck to bed down in the middle of the road. Hopefully he's fine.

Earlier this year I was going to work at the same time, a gigantic doe walked out in front of my car. I slowed down hard and sent my lunchbox flying out of my passenger seat. I watched her cross the road and then started driving again, only to have a freaking humongous hog run out in front of me. In the middle of town basically.

It's been a crazy winter this year lol
1705584702764.png

Betcha the duck got hit and was stunned, although that doesn't explain why he was in the middle of the road. Strange.
I also wondered if he got hit but if he did, it has to been a small tag. I'm hoping he recovers and the other ducks and geese don't harass him too much.

Back
Top Bottom