• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Insurance Recommendations for Collection?

Progressive is named that because it is run by liberal Democrat donors, not surprising that they wouldn't want to insure "evil" firearms.

I have a separate rider from State Farm and about 10k of coverage is about $175/year.
You also have "free" coverage if you are a NRA member, but it is a limited amount, I think $2500.

$175 for only 10k seems high compared to several of these sites.

palmettomoon palmettomoon it might be 2.5 times more expensive, but you get what you pay for alot of times IMHO.

As an insurance agent im not trying to sell anyone here but theres enough questionable/bad reviews online with them not paying out for comic books and not stating all there exclusions to give me some doubts on their coverages.

Its like the people with $20,000 in firearms but they keep them in the black friday special $599 64 gun safe from tractor supply instead of doing homework, watching youtube videos, talking to experts like @SafeCracka on what an actual quality product is that takes longer for you to punch in the door code and open it than it does a thief to break into it.

Progressive is named that because it is run by liberal Democrat donors, not surprising that they wouldn't want to insure "evil" firearms.

I have a separate rider from State Farm and about 10k of coverage is about $175/year.
You also have "free" coverage if you are a NRA member, but it is a limited amount, I think $2500.

The wife and I are NRA life members, I have an additional policy with Lockton (NRA) I figured with the $5000 in homeowners plus lockton plus NRA freebe I was in pretty good shape. I just found out from the NRA that they dropped their free armscare two years ago. I didn't recall any notice.

The wife and I are NRA life members, I have an additional policy with Lockton (NRA) I figured with the $5000 in homeowners plus lockton plus NRA freebe I was in pretty good shape. I just found out from the NRA that they dropped their free armscare two years ago. I didn't recall any notice.
I believe that was the "carry guard" insurance program. The firearms insurance policies are still available if you activate it.

I believe that was the "carry guard" insurance program. The firearms insurance policies are still available if you activate it.

I just got off the phone with them again, if it was activated prior to 2018 you still have the free coverage (1500 or 2500). If not they no longer offer it. You can purchase a policy though them at $12 per thousand.

I just got off the phone with them again, if it was activated prior to 2018 you still have the free coverage (1500 or 2500). If not they no longer offer it. You can purchase a policy though them at $12 per thousand.
Wow! That's outrageous! $12 per thousand per year??!?!?!?

Talked to Doug at Collectinsure, $253 for $30k in coverage, $310 for $40k.

No S/N's required, no list of items, covers guns, optics, ammo, and edged weapons and accessories. Covers 2 locations in a state and transportation.

I do have an alarm and a safe over 300lbs.

To file a claim you need a police report and some proof of ownership. Receipt, picture, video, spreadsheet with model and serial, will all work. Custom guns need documentation or receipts of parts.

Sounds painless.

Back
Top Bottom