• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Insurance Recommendations for Collection?

As an insurance agent with Farmers. You can do scheduled or unscheduled. you can increase your gun limits on your Homeowners policy in 500 increments all the way up to $200,000 in our system. Depending on your collection but the payout is still only $500 per item which is fine for all my glocks and stuff and is better than nothing IMHO and what I currently have on all of my stuff.

I am in the process of doing a rider so that I will get full value for the items that are well over $500 Rifles, Optics, etc... Whether I only do it for the high value items and keep the unscheduled where they are at, or move everything to a Scheduled (Gun Floater)

Another question, if I may: has anyone ever had CollectInsure pay out as a result of loss? I'm wondering how easy the process is, etc., just in case something does happen. After all, what's the point of insurance that doesn't pay out when you actually need it?
Reviews are good.

Lloyds paper iirc, so no worries on the backing.

Another question, if I may: has anyone ever had CollectInsure pay out as a result of loss? I'm wondering how easy the process is, etc., just in case something does happen. After all, what's the point of insurance that doesn't pay out when you actually need it?

In for feedback. I currently insure with USAA since they have been fantastic with me for over 40 years (had them back when I was a 20 year old 2LT)

No, I have not had a claim. Isn't that the real reason you buy insurance... kind of like an umbrella - if you carry it, it keeps the rain away!

They (collectinsure) insure all types of collectibles. In today's world of easy innernet slamming I'm sure that they'd have negative reviews somewhere if they were difficult to file a claim with or slow/refused to pay (assuming it wasn't sheer nitwittery that lead to the loss).

NonStampCollector NonStampCollector almost every base homeowners package in Ga is written with unscheduled gun $2500-3000 (theft)- includes scopes or mounts and all other firearm related equipment and ammunition. No coverage for mysterious disappearance is included in the policy

Same with jewelry, furs, silverware, & computer equipment- and you can increase the unscheduled coverage for it

On big collections, expensive items or rare guns I would go scheduled to get full value out.

They (collectinsure) insure all types of collectibles. In today's world of easy innernet slamming I'm sure that they'd have negative reviews somewhere if they were difficult to file a claim with or slow/refused to pay (assuming it wasn't sheer nitwittery that lead to the loss).

Good point. I'll look further into their reviews, but it looks like I'll be going with them since the quote they provided me with last night was very reasonable compared to the same quote from a friend of mine with State Farm.

Good point. I'll look further into their reviews, but it looks like I'll be going with them since the quote they provided me with last night was very reasonable compared to the same quote from a friend of mine with State Farm.
I liked them even more once I read the entire policy packet. Your collection (high percentage anyway) is covered even at exhibitions or "shows." I think you'll rest easier (I do) knowing you have coverage. Do an inventory of you haven't prior to buying coverage. I was stunned at how all that junk added up.

Back
Top Bottom