• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Installing Truglo Nite sights on my Shield myself? Good idea?

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
Truglo Tfo Sights

I'm looking for some night sites for my 9mm shield. I do not own a vise, is it reasonable to believe I can install these myself, or do I need a gunsmith?

I'm reading conflicting reviews. There is a spring or a disk in the site that is allegedly tricky to manipulate. ?

Thank you

Frank

Truglo Tfo Sights

I'm looking for some night sites for my 9mm shield. I do not own a vise, is it reasonable to believe I can install these myself, or do I need a gunsmith?

I'm reading conflicting reviews. There is a spring or a disk in the site that is allegedly tricky to manipulate. ?

Thank you

Frank

Frank,

I believe Big Woods Goods will install them for free if you purchase them there.

I use to avoid smiths who used a rod and hammer to install sights. I have a universal pusher and when it fails or the sight is exceptionally hard to push I use Mr. Dawson's method. A bench without a basic vice is a bench in need of one. A cheap one is better than none.

Aluminum bar plate and rod can be picked up cheap at Lowes or Home Depot. I now use this method to “fit” the sight if it is too tight.

Whoever posted this YouTube link in the past, much thanks as it has served me well for a couple of difficult sight installs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom