• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Informing an Officer that there is a weapon in the car during traffic stop.

Anyone know if there is a duty to inform? If not, do you tell the police if there is a weapon in your car? When and how? Also, would love to hear from LEO's on where you stand on it.

I was driving with my son in Suwanee, got pulled over for expired registration, I just picked up my car from the mechanic and was on my way to the Tag office. I had my handgun on my left side of me hung up easily to see. When, the cop saw the gun he Screamed that if I went for the gun he would shoot me, my son who was with me just looked at me like WTF, I told my son NOT to worry, the cop was overreacting. I just looked at him and told him that I had my Carry License. The other cops with him were truly embarrassed. Once, he checked that I was ok, he claimed down. He, told me that since I did not react to his crazy act that he was only giving me a $56 ticket, by law it could have been in the hundreds. I told him that I didn't respond to him crazy because I'm from NYC, there I know that the cops would have shot me. Those, crazy Cops in New York are always on the edge. By, the way I live in Suwanee and still see the cop at Quick Trip or Krogers.

By, the way I live in Suwanee and still see the cop at Quick Trip or Krogers.
They like to hang out at QT where they get free coffee and donuts. In Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, and Alpharetta they get free coffee at some Starbucks and have yet to see one leave a tip...while some of us gladly pay $5.50 or so for a quad latte

That was before the beard man....

Should a seen the cops face when he found a AR in the rear seat lmao!!!! I had just taken it to the Bunker on my lunch break. I should have sued the city!

Ha, we got pulled over about 4-5 years ago in Florida... The cop asks soooooo we where honest (a lil tooooo honest) told him we had a m16 on the back seat (he corrected us and told us the differences between the a15 and m16) we just kept our mouth shut. Then his buddy pulled up asked the question again, we told him again the something, he laughed and said we couldn't own a m16, LOL

10 mins later a Sargent pulled up that knew us.... You shoulda seen those cops face when they found out it was a M16, LOL

I got pulled over several years ago with a Beretta 96 stuck between the drivers seat and the center console plainly visible and the officer never said anything about it.

I got pulled over another time with a gun I had recently purchased in a case on the passenger seat. The officer asked what it was and how I liked it and we ended up chatting about guns for about 10 minutes on the side of 85.

Tag does not have the GWL info attached to it and I haven't seen it from other states on NCIC may local systems out of Georgia but not here.

Johns Creek, Duluth, Cumming, Roswell, and Dunwoody have it.
Must be new tech, don't know

If...............they are doing this, they are breaking the law.

Found In LexisNexis by searching for "16-11-129" or in the TOC under:

Title 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Chapter 11 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY
Article 4 - DANGEROUS INSTRUMENTALITIES AND PRACTICES
Part 3 - CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS
The code sections are all Copyright © 2014 by The State of Georgia

O.C.G.A.§ 16-11-129
Weapons carry license; temporary renewal permit; mandamus

(k) Data base prohibition. A person or entity shall not create or maintain a multi jurisdictional data base of information regarding persons issued weapons carry licenses.

Ha, we got pulled over about 4-5 years ago in Florida... The cop asks soooooo we where honest (a lil tooooo honest) told him we had a m16 on the back seat (he corrected us and told us the differences between the a15 and m16) we just kept our mouth shut. Then his buddy pulled up asked the question again, we told him again the something, he laughed and said we couldn't own a m16, LOL

10 mins later a Sargent pulled up that knew us.... You shoulda seen those cops face when they found out it was a M16, LOL
Can I see pics of the M16?

Back
Top Bottom