Incredibly poor customer service

owen58

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
167   0
Reaction score
In an industry dominated by companies like RCBS, Hornady, Dillon and others, that consistantly offer outstanding customer service, I want to bring one of the dramatic under-performers to everyone's attention. I recently went through a truly ridiculous email exchange with L.E. Wilson that defies all reason. Check out the attached pics and bear in mind this whole things revolves around an incorrectly machined case holder that retails for under $14. As you can see in the pics the Wilson tool doesn't work for resized .308 cases as it is intended. I brought this flaw to Wilson's attention and was given every excuse under the sun. I literally was told that apparently all four of my .308 chambers were "oversized"(which shouldn't matter after resizing), and that Hornady and Forster full-length sizing dies were not properly sizing my fired brass. When I shared pics of brand new Remington, CBC and ZQI ammunition still not fitting this "perfectly-machined" case holder, the pics were totally ignored and I got the runaround again. This went on for several days across numerous emails. Essentially, I was told to buy a different Wilson case holder that should work better because it is machined to accept cases that have been fired and not full-length resized. Since I do full-length resize, this recommendation is absurd on its face. Anyway, I finally told them that I was tired of wasting time and energy debating an obvious machining flaw in a $14 tool with a company that clearly doesn't care about their customers. I shared receipts and pics of the various Wilson products I own that retail for well over $450. Wilson simply does not care. My advice, avoid Wilson products altogether. They have proven that they absolutely do not stand behind their products.

Attachments

• IMG_3425.jpg
    IMG_3425.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3423.jpg
    IMG_3423.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3421.jpg
    IMG_3421.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3418.jpg
    IMG_3418.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3417.jpg
    IMG_3417.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 38
I've had service dealings with both Hornady and RCBS. In both cases, the companies were great to deal with. The experience with Wilson was so different that it really took me by surprise.

Back
Top Bottom