• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Increased Blackhawk sighting?

I live in griffin and they fly over all the time usually no more than two but sometimes three or four, on occasion when I worked at the griffin Airport an apache would land and get fuel, our hangar was on the runway right at the fuel tank, that guy was cool to talk to. Also on a side note a guy that works for the smithsonian stopped in a good bit to get fuel in OLD OLD planes, believe it or not he said everything mechanical the smithsonian has they keep in running condition, his job was to fly these super old open cockpit planes up and down the coast from Florida to I think New York. He said it was fun but it really sucked when it was cold or started raining cause you got soaked!

I friend that used to work for the parks dept in Jackson (and the lake) told me that jets and helicopter used to fly over the lake all the time because they used it for bombing practice runs. They would come up from Warner Robbins staying below radar and using the lake as the hypothetical bombing target. So these helis are probably apart of military training also.

I friend that used to work for the parks dept in Jackson (and the lake) told me that jets and helicopter used to fly over the lake all the time because they used it for bombing practice runs. They would come up from Warner Robbins staying below radar and using the lake as the hypothetical bombing target. So these helis are probably apart of military training also.
that was true at one time,I don't know about now.

Back
Top Bottom