• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impossible to find campsites??

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid in the 80’s/90’s that you could pull up to a state campground and pick a spot with no advanced planning. And I remember half the campground being empty while we stayed. Recently the wife and I decided to start looking for a popup. After looking for several weeks I decided one day to look for an actual campsite near my mother in laws. Unless the website is wrong, its booked out for close to two years. When did camping become impossible? Anyone else experiencing this at their campground of choice? Granted the campground near her is small with only 28 spots. But even in the off season its packed.

Are you talking RV park or campground? Some campgrounds close in the winter time. Others only allow 1st 1st serve in winter months. Lots of popular places get totally booked out but you can watch for canellations.

I had no idea the work remotely movement had gotten like that. We had a camper years ago. I loved it, guess who didn't. Anyways, places we camped got as expensive as a nice hotel. That's when it went downhill for us

Are you talking RV park or campground? Some campgrounds close in the winter time. Others only allow 1st 1st serve in winter months. Lots of popular places get totally booked out but you can watch for canellations.
Campground. Ive been looking at Kelly park in Apopka Fl. It is a popular spot so that doesnt help any. But I never imagined being booked out so far.
whats the camp spot, I can look at it for you.

I had no idea the work remotely movement had gotten like that. We had a camper years ago. I loved it, guess who didn't. Anyways, places we camped got as expensive as a nice hotel. That's when it went downhill for us
High priced Air bnb’s are actually what prompted this. I thought I could get a cheap popup and it would pay for itself within 4-5 trips to see the family. But it doesnt do me any good if I dont have a place to park it.

Back
Top Bottom