• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm in search of a new OBD scan tool. Need recommendations after taking back a $300 Harbor Freight one.

I have the Innova 5410 and it will read and clear SRS/Airbag codes. It is designed and marketed for the "home mechanic"
The next model up, Innova 5510, will also bleed ABS brakes, TPMS, and read transmission temps.

This is the one I’ve used for years
D8534F17-8863-4B6F-B71C-7CD16CBA5507.jpeg

Autel or launch seems to be what most people. IF you just need to read codes yea get the cheapest.​

However the better code readers do TPMS, ABS, Transmission codes, brake bleeding, change keys. These type of things if you need them you will have to pay for them.

Seems the better ones are like 600-1000.

Looking for the most functions for the money. I won't buy another Harbor Freight one and the Innova looks exactly like it so that's out. The Zurich ZR15S would not communicate with a 2005 Dodge truck or a 2008 Honda Element. Both got "Communication Error". I spent 35 min on hold with HF to be asked (2) stupid questions.
1. Is it plugged in
2. Is the key in the "on" position

Nukkin futs!!
Do you just want to read and reset codes?
If you're going to use it for diagnostics you'll need to spend a few $s but if you just want the code ability it can be as cheap as you want it.

This is the one I bought. It has full bi directional control and live data. Shipped to my house for $304

Back
Top Bottom