• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I'll just throw this out here as I don't really know how to start.

It's been a hectic few weeks but I did want to post an update. So many have reached out on this that it has been an amazing experience. I can't begin to name everyone that have helped in this matter as I would surely miss someone. I thank you all for everything. This last week has been full of peaks and valleys. The surgery went very well. The procedure closed up the area on the spine and the doctors said it looked great. However, during a routine follow up visit yesterday (in order to get released to come home), it was determined that the membrane lining around the baby was separating, That's a pretty serious thing to have happen right now. My daughter is upset but still has a good outlook. She is in the best facility possible to have this addressed at - so that is a big plus. Hopefully the testing Monday will yield a more positive report. Below is what my daughter had posted earlier.

A very heartbreaking and upsetting and scary thing for me to have to post but I’m being re admitted back into the Texas hospital till at least Monday. One of the main concerns with doing this surgery was my membrane separating which up until today everything had been looking great but at todays scan they show about 40-50% of my membrane starting to separate.
They are going to re scan me on Monday and will determine then if I get to come home or have to stay in TX and in the hospital here or not and if I somehow do get to come home then to see if I have to get admitted into the hospital there in ATL until baby is born.

Trying to keep myself together but inside I’m a complete mess and my heart is so hurt right now.

I wanted to update my post since I’ve had so many reach out asking how it’s going. From all reports out in Houston it is going great! My grandson was born last night, a little premature and underweight (4lbs 10 oz) but healthy in all regards. His back incision did not heal quit as well as planned but it looks to be something easily managed. Thanks again to everyone.

This is Axell!

Attachments

• 08FECF61-AFC9-45F3-AD93-BDD46B463949.jpeg
    08FECF61-AFC9-45F3-AD93-BDD46B463949.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom