I'll go ahead and post this. Cops arrest guy with camera phone & kill his dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see anything resembling a perimeter. No officers spread every so often, no tape, no baricades, no cones, nada. Then I have to consider the cars as the perimeter (circle the wagons and all), the guy didn't go inside, he was at the back of the patrol cars. @ Mtber please point out this boundary.

I can only go by what the police say. I trust the word of a cop over some ghetto trash with a rap sheet as long as my forearm.

And apparently you didn't read the article I posted. The guy came into the area and was causing a disturbance while the police were conducting an investigation. He was asked several times to turn his music down and to move back. He did neither. Now he's in jail.

Again, why is that so hard for some of you to understand? It's not complicated, I promise.

Some of you guys need to go volunteer for the Peace Corps and see what the rest of the world is like. You sure couldn't cut it in the military. Used to have blanket parties, or in extreme cases midnight visits to the fantail For guys like you. Maybe they knew the dirtbag. Maybe he threatened them. Maybe they restrained him for their own safety while they checked him out. Maybe he's just a social malcontent who might just learn a lesson from this.

Some of you guys need to go volunteer for the Peace Corps and see what the rest of the world is like. You sure couldn't cut it in the military. Used to have blanket parties, or in extreme cases midnight visits to the fantail For guys like you. Maybe they knew the dirtbag. Maybe he threatened them. Maybe they restrained him for their own safety while they checked him out. Maybe he's just a social malcontent who might just learn a lesson from this.

or , maybe they are just police state jack booted thugs -

You sure are having a difficult time discerning the difference between something you can do, and something you shouldn't do.

Actually, I seem to have a pretty good grasp on it. You seem to be the one that is a bit confused about what the First Amendment protects and doesn't protect.

Not to mention that huge ego that makes it impossible for you to have a conversation with anyone about a subject because by God you have a piece of paper from UGA that says "I have a Master's degree so I must be smarter." If you dropped the sarcasm from your posts, then maybe you could engage folks civilly. You know listening is a part of having a conversation.

You perceive it as me having a "huge ego" simply because you're misinformed and I chose to challenge your belief on how the First Amendment works. And apparently you either didn't read the conversation leading up to why I mentioned my Master's or once again, you're proving how little you grasp conversations.

I was simply pointing out the error in your statement regarding free speech as it pertains to this situation. Cussing a cop is not against the law. It's not real smart, but it is not unlawful and it is not obstruction. An example is UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, v. NOLAN L. POOCHA, in which Judge Stephen Reinhardt wrote for the 2-1 majority that, "criticism of the police, profane or otherwise, is not a crime."

You have a real hard time with reading and comprehension, don't you? Where did I say his cursing the cops was obstruction. For the ****ing 900th time, IT WAS THE FACT HE WOULD NOT LEAVE AN ACTIVE INVESTIGATION SCENE THAT GOT HIM IN TROUBLE. Holy **** man, the Amazon rain forest isn't as dense as you are.

You then went on to insinuate that videotaping a police office while performing there duties in public is also a crime. Again, the courts have ruled this is also protected by the 1st amendment. See the above post for case law.

I didn't insinuate ****. You just can't read and comprehend. Nowhere did I say that videotaping the police was a crime. I didn't even hint at it.

Last edited:

no place in the military for me (not brainwashable) -

I can only go by what the police say. I trust the word of a cop over some ghetto trash with a rap sheet as long as my forearm.

And apparently you didn't read the article I posted. The guy came into the area and was causing a disturbance while the police were conducting an investigation. He was asked several times to turn his music down and to move back. He did neither. Now he's in jail.

Again, why is that so hard for some of you to understand? It's not complicated, I promise.

I didn't read the article. However I totally agree if you pass a police line (tape for example) you are 100% at fault for whatever happens. Defining the police "area" as some invisible line that police decide to define as a line "whenever and however" they choose if a different story. They should have cited him for a noise violation. They knew he was trying to get a rise out of them. I'm debating that. I am debating that the LEO should NOT have fallen into his trap. There were better ways out. Just because he has a sheet makes no difference. Again, we can't just go around and harass stupid people with marginal charges (at best) over imaginary lines and charge them for crossing them.

Let me repeat, He went there looking to upset the LEOs, he was stupid, he was careless, HOWEVER he didn't break any laws that were clearly defined that I could see (except a noise ordinance, maybe and parking too close to an intersection). He should have been written some citations and moved along. There was no need to cuff him to prove that the LEOs are tougher. If you are in a position of power you should hold yourself to a higher standard. There were 2 sets of thugs there and they wanted to prove who was "tougher".

Actually, I seem to have a pretty good grasp on it. You seem to be the one that is a bit confused about what the First Amendment protects and doesn't protect.

You perceive it as me having a "huge ego" simply because you're misinformed and I chose to challenge your belief on how the First Amendment works.

You have a real hard time with reading and comprehension, don't you? Where did I say his cursing the cops was obstruction. For the ****ing 900th time, IT WAS THE FACT HE WOULD NOT LEAVE AN ACTIVE INVESTIGATION SCENE THAT GOT HIM IN TROUBLE. Holy **** man, the Amazon rain forest isn't as dense as you are.

I didn't insinuate ****. You just can't read and comprehend. Nowhere did I say that videotaping the police was a crime. I didn't even hint at it.

th.jpg

Attachments

• you mad bro.jpg
    you mad bro.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom