• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ignorant question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does one need to hold an FFL in order to do engraving and custome refinishing?
I'm not looking for any websites or reference links, just what's required.

I'm sure one of the pros will answer with the specific wording, but I think it was if you were going to do work without their presence you would need to have one. Most of the time I don't know what the hell I'm talking about so just use this as a free bump.

If the customer is leaving the gun with you overnight or they leave the premises while you have it then yes. Basically if they are relinquishing possession of it to you, and you are doing it for profit or more than just a one off thing, then yes you need an ffl.

If the customer is leaving the gun with you overnight or they leave the premises while you have it then yes. Basically if they are relinquishing possession of it to you, and you are doing it for profit or more than just a one off thing, then yes you need an ffl.

That's what I was thinking.

Now, do you think there's a demand for this type of service in the north ga area?

Matt Linley at Spartan armory comes to mind when first mentioned. Fort Daniel in Lawrenceville does paint work. Accurate Ordnance in Winder. Specialty Engraving does engraving in Suwanee.

Is call ask them north Ga.

Thanks for the response, I consider those to be more east ga, or at least farther east than I would want to travel if I were looking to have something done. I do appreciate your input.

I have no problem shipping stuff, or making a little drive if I want stuff done. I'm not the type that has to have everything immediately. I trust business with my stuff, it's all replaceable if something happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom