• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If this is an example of our current direction as a country....

I learned to drive on manual, both 5 speed and 3 on a tree, but when I was a senior in high school I was helping out w/ the Special Olympics. This included moving classic cars between the high school and the owner's house a few miles away. Got my first introduction to the foot button starter. But I sat there lost for a few minutes until an old timer came by and showed me what to do.

This is so dumb. It's the Boomer go to every time when they talk about any generation that's younger than them. Every time I see a dumb meme or post along the lines of "if you want to cripple a millennial just put them in a room with a rotary phone, a note in cursive, and a car with a manual transmission her durr durrrrrr" :lol:

I'm 44 and know how to use a rotary phone, grew up in a house that had one still. I read/write cursive no problem, and first car I learned to drive was a manual 5 speed. I know how to change my own tires/oil/battery whatever in my truck. I can hunt/fish etc. I know how to fix **** in my house.

I also know how to use modern technology and don't have to call my kids to figure out if I should click on that link I got in a text message about my bank that shows an address of "www.Iamascammerstealingyourmoney.com" :lol:

100% that guy in the video has to call somebody once a month because he's downloaded another virus on his computer clicking on some dumb link, or has his Facebook hacked because he clicked on something that stole his credentials and blames China.

I'm not saying there aren't stupid people out there, but saying entire generations are dumb like this because he can't change a tire, is well, dumb. I know plenty of folks older than me who can't do basic household maintenance or work on their cars, it's nothing to do with when they were born...

I kind of understand it though. If a person had never seen anything but a push button start, it’s going to be the same as a rotary phone. How are you going to know about something when you’ve never seen it?
Just to think about it, push button start isn't new. My dad had a ford pickup with it when I was a kid

• Wow
Reactions: GFB
I was thinking about manual locks and windows too. So many people have never seen it. But those were definitely luxury features at one time, few and far between. My truck still uses a key. :D
All my vehicles do. And no touch screens either

Reactions: GFB
This is so dumb. It's the Boomer go to every time when they talk about any generation that's younger than them. Every time I see a dumb meme or post along the lines of "if you want to cripple a millennial just put them in a room with a rotary phone, a note in cursive, and a car with a manual transmission her durr durrrrrr" :lol:

I'm 44 and know how to use a rotary phone, grew up in a house that had one still. I read/write cursive no problem, and first car I learned to drive was a manual 5 speed. I know how to change my own tires/oil/battery whatever in my truck. I can hunt/fish etc. I know how to fix **** in my house.

I also know how to use modern technology and don't have to call my kids to figure out if I should click on that link I got in a text message about my bank that shows an address of "www.Iamascammerstealingyourmoney.com" :lol:

100% that guy in the video has to call somebody once a month because he's downloaded another virus on his computer clicking on some dumb link, or has his Facebook hacked because he clicked on something that stole his credentials and blames China.

I'm not saying there aren't stupid people out there, but saying entire generations are dumb like this because he can't change a tire, is well, dumb. I know plenty of folks older than me who can't do basic household maintenance or work on their cars, it's nothing to do with when they were born...
I couldn’t agree more. They complain about younger generations and consider them dumb or incompetent. Give the boomers a new tablet or God forbid ask them to operate in the cloud and see who is incompetent. We just upgraded some of our technology and work and you would think (according anyone over 60) that Satan has showed up in the form of Microsoft.

I couldn’t agree more. They complain about younger generations and consider them dumb or incompetent. Give the boomers a new tablet or God forbid ask them to operate in the cloud and see who is incompetent. We just upgraded some of our technology and work and you would think (according anyone over 60) that Satan has showed up in the form of Microsoft.
Cut the power..Now what..hope that tablet will feed you and keep the rain off your head.

Back
Top Bottom