• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I would like a RCBS powder scale

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
So I bought a lee reloading kit and the scale that it came with seems dangerous. I have used an rcbs scale and love it but it wasn't mine so if you have and extra one or just and old one that you don't need anymore I would love to get it from you I don't have a whole lot of money right now but just tell me how Much you would like for it and i will see if I can do it. I live in cumming so I can drive to you if your to to far away.

Thanks for looking just PM me if you can help

The Lee isn't dangerous. It is a bit lightweight, but if you follow the instructions they work fine. The RCBS 10-10 is my scale of choice, but the Lee will do fine till you can get what you want.

The "Want to Buy Area" may yield better results. Look on Ebay too. The older mechanical RCBS was manufactured by Ohaus. I can't say about the current production models.

Second Chuck's comment on the Lee scale. Lightweight, but perfectly adequate for measuring powder charges. The lack of capacity limits usefullness, can't weigh bullets beyond 110gr. Despite the quirky design, I found the Lee scale to be very reliable. I use an older, oil damped Forster scale these days.

I was a little concerned about my Lee scale, too. Just seemed a little flimsy and finicky. But after a little bit of fiddling with it, I loaded up some ammo, grabbed the chronograph, and headed to the range. Turns out it was pretty consistent. I may upgrade later, but it seems perfectly adequate for now.

I remember reading a comparison done many years ago. This was before the proliferation of Chinese digital junk into loading. Of the scales tested the Lee was one of the most consistently accurate of any tested regardless of cost. It is a much better scale than it appears to be.

I likely prefer the 10-10 because like you, it was the first one I had.

Last edited:
I agree!
The Lee scale is quite accurate, it is a bit of a pain until you get accustomed to it.
I also agree that i like th RCBS scale and find it easier to use, but side by side comparisons between the two would surprize you as to just how accurate that little plastic Lee scale is-- This is assuming that the RCBS scale is accurate-LOL
I would echo the concerns over the really cheap electronic scales, while i have never owned one but the horror stories abound from those that do.
the higher end electronic scales seem to have a better rep!

I have one. I'll take $70 for it... Used twice and my brother give me his. So I figured I would sale the newer one beings I could get more of my money back. I have a little over $100 in it. Just pm me with a reply please...

Back
Top Bottom