• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I no longer get emails when I receive PM's

If I had to use Earthlink dialup now I would just go off the grid. My mom and dad don't have high speed available at their house except satellite. They still used dialup until about 6 months ago.

Of course we only had 3.9.12 and 17 (Chattanooga locals and TBS) on tv until around 2005 when I moved out.

If I had to use Earthlink dialup now I would just go off the grid.
Who said anything about dialup? I've had the same email address (a mindspring one) since 1995 (literally) and am not about to change it. Last service I had with them was DSL. I have Uverse now and just pay $5 for the email addresses that my wife and I have had forever.

I just changed the email address here to a gmail account. Let's see if that works...

Who said anything about dialup? I've had the same email address (a mindspring one) since 1995 (literally) and am not about to change it. Last service I had with them was DSL. I have Uverse now and just pay $5 for the email addresses that my wife and I have had forever.

I just changed the email address here to a gmail account. Let's see if that works...

Earthlink's challenged based email system was very effective and innovative. 15 years ago.

Coding has came a long way, I rarely ever end up with a spam email in my inbox on gmail. (Of course I get a lot in spam)

I'm not the only webmaster that simply has washed their hands of earthlink as well. I really tried/pleaded/begged with them to add my server to their whitelist. They wouldn't add it. Or maybe they don't have any means to white/black-list email accounts. I'd venture a guess they're still using their same mailserver security system coded from the 90's.

Earthlink's challenged based email system was very effective and innovative. 15 years ago.

Coding has came a long way, I rarely ever end up with a spam email in my inbox on gmail. (Of course I get a lot in spam)

I'm not the only webmaster that simply has washed their hands of earthlink as well. I really tried/pleaded/begged with them to add my server to their whitelist. They wouldn't add it. Or maybe they don't have any means to white/black-list email accounts. I'd venture a guess they're still using their same mailserver security system coded from the 90's.
Don't know squat about the technical aspects of it but they have a way for users to whitelist domains and individual accounts. I did both and it 'appeared' to take but to no avail. :(
Somebody hit me up with a PM so I can see if it makes it to my gmail account.
Thx

My apologies. I assumed it was dialup because that was the only Earthlink service ever offered around here.

Hope you get it squared up.

Don't know squat about the technical aspects of it but they have a way for users to whitelist domains and individual accounts. I did both and it 'appeared' to take but to no avail. :(
Somebody hit me up with a PM so I can see if it makes it to my gmail account.
Thx

Pm you. They can allow users to whitelist, but they won't whitelist servers.

Back
Top Bottom