• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need some advice on shelf AR10's

Ballistic Advantage and Aero make some really excellent AR-10’s (around $1,000) that are meant to be great foundations and then you can easily customize from there….
The complete lowers are real reasonable. You can buy the lower and upper separate and save a ton off the assembled rifle. I am going to look closer at jàjthem. I was under the impression their rifles were 1500 and over. I like their parts. Great fit and finish. The Ruger seems like it would give up some strength due to the smaller receiver but that's just a guess however, the reviews are very positive.

I won't be trying to set any records for accuracy but down the line I will probably want to upgrade to a much better barrel but for initial wants it will work fine.

I thought everyone had 308? I get it, been slimming my heard for a couple years.
I have owned a few, including an M1a SOCOM. But I don’t need it. I don’t hunt. I live in the suburbs where the farthest threat is like 125 yards. My only used are punching paper and maybe bad guys.

For me, 300bo fills that roll, I already have it, and the overall package is tiny.

I want a SCAR but sure as heck don’t need it.

As much hate as PSA gets, I’ve been happy with my PA10. They can be found in the $600-$1000 range pretty easily. I traded into one last month. After inspection, I discovered a missing set screw on the adjustable gas block. Sent an email to PSA and 24 hours later a new gas block was in the mail…only question asked was if mine was the 3 or 5 position unit (keep in mind, all I needed was a set screw).

The only upgrade on mine is the beefier charging handle and the 1-4x24 Nikon LPVO. Sighted it in at 25yards with Winchester M80 then moved the target to 100 yards…First two shots below with LPVO, third with cheap ass UTG 45° offset micro red dot.
IMG_6596.jpeg
IMG_6597.jpeg

Needless to say, I’m happy with it so far. A bit over gassed at first but I adjusted the block and ordered a heavy (5oz) carbine buffer. I’ll see how that works out but before, she cycled perfectly fine just throwing brass at about 2 o’clock. No case head swipes or shearing, no primer blow outs, and no mangled brass like my previous DPMS AR10.

I think hoplopfheil (no clue how to spell or say that) did a video on the sfar. I think he said it took a lot of standard AR parts. I believe he said, though, the way Ruger beefed up the barrel/receiver fitment, he wouldn’t try changing barrels on it.

The complete lowers are real reasonable. You can buy the lower and upper separate and save a ton off the assembled rifle. I am going to look closer at jàjthem. I was under the impression their rifles were 1500 and over. I like their parts. Great fit and finish. The Ruger seems like it would give up some strength due to the smaller receiver but that's just a guess however, the reviews are very positive.

I won't be trying to set any records for accuracy but down the line I will probably want to upgrade to a much better barrel but for initial wants it will work fine.

Call Truprep. Last time I was in there they had some nice Aero complete uppers.

Back
Top Bottom