• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I moved my safe to the garage

I insulated my garage doors pretty cheap with an Owen's kit off Amazon. Then I put a window unit that heats, cools and dehumidify's in the garage window. It cost me about 700 for the unit. Now my garage is a temperature controlled workshop space that is awesome to be in year round. I don't keep my safe in there but I could with no concerns.

Is this an attached garage?

How about adding the garage to your heating and air-conditioned space of the house? Is it feasible to keep the door closed most of the time and let the home's HVAC system work on that space?
Run a few ducts, put in a few vents, etc?

It is an attached garage. I stay out there too much with the garage doors open to heat and cool it.

If your garage is not climate controlled use the eva-dri to absorb the moisture. Two is better.

The golden rod type of products just heat the air , your safe is still full of warm moist air.

Everything in it will mildew if you don't take the moisture out of it. Do NOT use damp-rid. While I have no personal experience with damp-rid I understand it will have a chemical reaction and eat up the bluing on guns.

61--GlGph9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51L2Vb5VQ6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

You met my wife

Is this an attached garage?

How about adding the garage to your heating and air-conditioned space of the house? Is it feasible to keep the door closed most of the time and let the home's HVAC system work on that space?
Run a few ducts, put in a few vents, etc?
Typical do it yourself with no clue about hvac lol don't do this

Did you try asking wifey:
"what do I need to buy you to keep my safe in the house?"
Her answer may indicate which she hates worse, your safe or you. :O
"I want a new dishwasher"....not too bad very doable.
"I want a new Cadillac Escalade"......gold digger
"I want a mansion on Lookout Mountain" ....wants your safe in garage.

Now that safe is in the garage add some camouflage to safe like
oil & tire stickers, auto cleaning supplies on top etc.

I'd use pressure treated wood. Also if when the concrete was poured and a plastic vapor barrier was put down will be the best resistant.
I don't need me no damn safe,i don't own any of them darn troble makin things and my women would never tell me what to do.Oh got to go,here she comes.

Back
Top Bottom